weigh in day

What if anything do you do before your weigh in day? Get an extra work out in? Eat less?

Replies

• sixlegs
    sixlegs Posts: 10 Member
    on weigh in days i just wake up and weigh myself first thing, if i need to go to the bathroom i will go first though
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    I drink a couple extra glasses of tea (green, unsweetened) and water.
    Sometimes I throw in a few more minutes or working out (usually treadmill or yoga, for me
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    I don't know if its right, but someone once told me that you gain weight (muscles retaining water) after a work out. Because I work out in the evenings I normally weigh in first thing on the morning after a rest day. I don't know if the muscle-water thing is true though, or how long it would retain the water for!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    I weigh in right after I go to the bathroom when I wake up.
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    on weigh in days i just wake up and weigh myself first thing, if i need to go to the bathroom i will go first though

This. I always wake up, use the bathroom, and weigh naked.
  • KeepGoingTommy
    KeepGoingTommy Posts: 11 Member
    I get up, go do my business in the bathroom and change into my weigh-in clothes. They are the same pair of shorts and t-shirt I wear each time I weigh. I generally weigh on Fridays but sometimes I feel the need to go on other days. I drive to the local post office and go out back to weigh on their frieght scales. (when I started my journey I weighed 537 pounds and had no other options for accurate weights available to me.) The men and women at the post office all cheer me on now when they see me coming. I suspect I will just stick with those scales until I hit my ultimate goal weight. Then I go back home and have breakfast. It works for me.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I weigh in every day so I just wake up, use the restroom, strip and step on the scale. Those weights all go in a spreadsheet.

I record weight every two weeks from my Saturday weigh-in on MFP and in my BodyMedia Fit account. Fridays are actually my rest days, so no extra workouts prior to weigh-ins for me.

It wasn't planned that way, before I started the daily weighing I just always did Saturday weigh-ins for recording purposes and then when I started on my first training schedule, it had Fridays as the rest days, so it just worked out that way.