Banana soft serve

Options
jess1992uga
jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
So I have heard a rumor that if you take frozen bananas and put them in a food processor it makes a soft serve? Anyone got the scoop on this (pun so intended) and possibly a recipe?

Replies

• asiabacus1
    Options
    I've done this before. It's delicious! Topped mine with honey and cinnamon.
  • sissie2955
    Options
    yummy
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    With strawberries
    dessert.jpg

And yes it's yummy. Will load some more pics when I'm done with Zumba later
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    Yep, I've done it and it's really good! I've drizzled it with chocolate syrup too, yum.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have a Yonana machine. You put frozen bananas in and out comes soft serve icecream. Its really good :)
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do it all the time. I pre slice my bananas and then freeze in portions. I whip up in food processor and add a splash of almond milk to thin out and unsweetened cocoa powder. Sometimes I add honey if I need it a bit sweeter. SO YUMMY!
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    So I have heard a rumor that if you take frozen bananas and put them in a food processor it makes a soft serve? Anyone got the scoop on this (pun so intended) and possibly a recipe?

I use a blender

5 oz of cut frozen bananas
    5 oz of frozen strawberries
    2 oz of frozen blueberries
    2 oz of frozen pineapple
    2 oz of frozen cherries
    1/4 cup of 2 % milk.

blend bananas until it resembles gravel, then add the other stuff a few at a time so you don't bog down the blender then add milk and process till it's all blended together like ice cream. Enjoy

There are so many ways to make this and all are very yummy banana's, peanutbutter, and milk is very tasty.

Warning it makes a lot so be ready to share.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Sorry! But just the topic header made me LOL!:laugh:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Here's a fantastic Donna Hay recipe:

http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/sweets/ice-cream/quick-raspberry-and-banana-ice-cream

It's essentially frozen banana, frozen berries, and store bought custard or yoghurt all bashed together in the food processor. Makes an amazing ice cream like dessert.
  • scottg1024
    Options
    bump
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Totally trying this! Thanks for sharing!
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ugh i wantttt .... right noww.. lol
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I like to take greek yogurt, add cocoa powder and any kind of sweetener. Freeze that mix! It's fabulous.
  • amazing_shrinking_woman
    Options
    bump
  • missytrishy
    missytrishy Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    any specific degree of ripeness?
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    bump
  • roman109
    Options
    Bump
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    here is the pic of it with the cherries I added. And how much it makes. The calorie count on mine is about 260 calories but since I split it with my son (and he does get a bigger portion) only 130 calories for such a big bowl of yumminess

20120903_193320.jpg

20120903_193314.jpg
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    any specific degree of ripeness?

I like mine the firm ones, no brown spots, but that's just me. You need to cut the banana up in circles like for banana pudding and freeze in a baggie separated so they don't stick together.

You can add what you want and make it how you want. I find I really like all the fruit. The more you add though the more calories so be sure your okay with the added calories and plug it in before you eat so you know. Remember yogurt adds sugar and calories so be careful with that. I just like the fruit. It's awesome