Hi there. (kind of) new here

Options
Hey everyone. So I have been lurking on this site for a couple weeks and I have just decided to be more consistent with my food and exercise tracking. I'd really love any support I can get, because I am definitely not getting that from the people around me.

My goals are pretty simple (ha!) - to lose the 20 pounds of depression chubs I put on during my recent bout with clinical depression. I am feeling a lot better emotionally, but this extra weight is still killing my self esteem. I know what generally works for me, but right now I need discipline and encouragement to keep going, especially when I have a bad day.

I've come across a few supportive people on here so far, but I can use all the encouragement I can get. Some of you guys are amazing and I am really inspired by the stories I have come across.

Anyways, good luck with your journeys. Add me if you'd like :)

Replies

• angel924_2004
    Options
    Is it wrong if I bump my own post?? I would really appreciate any support I can get.
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Hiii!!! would love to give you some support back, I know what it feels to feel alone during this time, so we can cheer each other up, I'm pretty upbeat but strict about my diet and exercise regimen, so we'll do this together !!!!
  • steviebot
    Options
    Happy to provide support! I hear you on the people in your life making it more difficult. It can be tough to find like minded people but the stronger you are, the more your friends will respect and look up to you, and maybe even follow your lead. Power to ya.