Hopeless

Options
So, starting MFP in April I ended up losing something like 15kgs by July/August due to healthy eating and lots of exercise. However, I fell off the bandwagon and began eating normally. It's been a month of not so good eating, but continuous regimes of exercise (4 times a week) and I've seen 4-5 kgs return on to my body. I've been trying for the last 2/3 weeks to get back on and just basically start blogging what I've eaten at least, but I just keep failing (particularly when I get to the weekend). I'm feeling so crappy about myself lately and I really don't know what to do. What's wrong with me? Help.

Replies

• Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I think we would need alot more information about you to help.

Height, current weight, goal weight, age.

How much exercise? What is your goal calories? How often are you hitting it?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You went on a diet. You didn't change your lifestyle.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    take it slow. one step at at a time. that's how you make LASTING changes.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Are you being to restrictive with your "diet"? Make small changes as you go. You may be less likely to fall of the wagon.
  • heyitstilly
    Options
    I think I'd classify myself as highly restrictive before - mainly because I enjoyed the feeling of losing weight fast (obviously). Currently, at 20 years old, I weigh 74kgs and am 170cm in height, but my aim is to get down to AT LEAST 65kgs or less. I do dance aerobics 3 times a week (1 hour sessions) and then walk my dogs for 25 minutes daily. I guess the 'small step' concept is something I struggle with, particularly as when I eat anywhere near 1200 (and blog it) I feel huge.
    Options
    I think I'd classify myself as highly restrictive before - mainly because I enjoyed the feeling of losing weight fast (obviously). Currently, at 20 years old, I weigh 74kgs and am 170cm in height, but my aim is to get down to AT LEAST 65kgs or less. I do dance aerobics 3 times a week (1 hour sessions) and then walk my dogs for 25 minutes daily. I guess the 'small step' concept is something I struggle with, particularly as when I eat anywhere near 1200 (and blog it) I feel huge.

1200 calories is FAR FAR FAR from huge. throw that thought out of your mind. what are you eating? give us an example of a normal day and a "huge" day.
  • heyitstilly
    Options
    A huge day involves me having breakfast - which is museli, banana, strawberries and yogurt. Then snacking on pears/fruit/chocolate/anything I can get my hands on to 'fill me'. Then a vegemite sandwich and then maybe some biscuits. Then for dinner it varies from like just meat and veggies to bad things such as quiche or pasta. Sometimes I'll even have a little tub of yogurt or ice-cream.... :\
    Options
    yeah, the only thing wrong with it is your perception of it. you're fine. you need to reassess your relationship with food and really think about your goals.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You did great before. You haven't gained back that much. You need to commit and restart. You just sound like you've given up.

You can do this!
  • momofpre
    Options
    I just stopped WW because I went off 2 weekends in a row and just fed up with not losing and boredom. I am not going to be hard on myself though because it does not help--it makes things worse and weekends are always a little harder. Dont be so hard on yourself, think back on what got you to the first lose get back to it--if you fall dont beat yourself up instead think how much healthier you ate before falling off--be positve and change your menus often to prevent bordom as long as your counting calories and moving it will be alright.
    Nancy