18 & 5'6

Options
I started at 155, currently at 140 and I really don't know what a realistic goal should be. I've been thinking like 115? Any 5'6 girls have any suggestions or pictures at 120-115?

Replies

• _namaste_
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my goal is 135 or thereabouts. I have always been more curvy though (hips, booty, bust) so much less than that would not suit me I don't think. BMI wise a "healthy" weight range for a woman 5'6 is between 115 - 155. Hope that helps!
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my goal is 135. What do you feel comfortable at?

My BFF is 5'8 and she is 133.
  • crodriguez94
    crodriguez94 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So I guess since the both of you said 135, that seems like a pretty healthy weight. :) Hopefully I'll be there soon! Good luck to both of you, as well! :D
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    5' 6" goal for me is 125. I'm 127 right now.. Not sure if I'll be changing my mind to 120 instead. We'll see.

EDIT: Current main profile photo was from today at 127.. Full length bikini in my photos was about 129 or so.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Oh my gosh! You look sooo skinny! I don't feel like I'm only 13 pounds away from that ... haha. I'm getting motivated though, yay!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm not 18 any more, but I used to be.

I was about 5'6" and 135 lbs. at that time. It was a good healthy weight for me. I am big boned and curvy.

If you are smaller boned and more slightly built, less could work for you.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Yeah, 135 seems to be what most people are suggesting to me! Even my mom says less wouldn't look to good on me haha! But I guess my issue is that i'm fine with a lot of places on my body, but my stomach area is where i keep most of my weight. So I'm hoping by going down to 135 that I lose it in the stomach, and not everywhere else.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    115 is pretty low for 5' 6". Some girls can get to that weight, but only if you have a narrow bone structure and low muscle tone. I got down to 118 once, and now I see pics and I was too skinny. I'm happiest at 130 (that's when clothes seem to fit the best) but it's very hard to maintain unless less I'm very strict with my diet. 135 is a bit more realistic and still looks pretty dang good.
  • gothamriots
    Options
    I'm 18 & 5'6 and I'm at 126 pounds. I'm still curvy. My goal weight, therefore, is 118 (for now). We'll have to see where I am when I'm finally toned and healthy and not out of shape.
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goal is also 135.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    Would you say 135 would me considered a large, medium or small? Right now at 140, when I shop at most places (forever 21, target, etc) I'm comfortable a large. A medium can fit, but its usually a little tight. But at places like Urban Outfitters and American Apparel I'm almost always a large, sometimes even thats a little tight.

And thanks everyone, btw, for your input :)
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    115 is right at the very, very low end of healthy for your height (BMI: 18.6), so I would not aim to go that low unless you're very small framed and light-boned.

The healthy weight range for your height is 115 - 154lbs. Where you fall into on that range depends on your body frame, shape, muscle mass, and a variety of other things.

I'm shorter than you, I'm just under 5'4", medium-framed, and I weigh 127lbs and wear a UK size 10, some 8's (US 6, some 4's) and a size S.

I'd say ideally for your height you shouldn't really aim any lower than 130 - 135.
  • crodriguez94
    Options
    alrighty, thank you! yeah, i think i'm going to start aiming for 130-135 :) that sounds realistic and healthy!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". When I was about 18 I weighed about 115 (because I was a skinny kid). And then I gained another 15 in my early 20s and looked healthier. I'd say if you have to diet to get to 115, it may be too little for you.

PS: I'm now 47 and weigh 132. Very maintainable.
  • xrandi
    Options
    I'm 18, 5'6 with a goal weight of 121. It's on the skinnier side, but still within a healthy range. :)
  • runningfromzombies
    Options
    Try determining your goal weight based on body fat %, rather than any specific "scale weight".

Go here to determine your current body fat % (you'll need to take measurements): http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/

Then go here to determine your goal weight from body fat%: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

(For reference: 20-24% is generally considered to look "lean" on girls, depending on how much muscle you have. Anything up to 30-33% is healthy/acceptable. Anything below 20% and you start to get particularly lean or cut--think fitness or bikini models.)