Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you ca microwave them,no fat needed
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Going to have a go on my day off!

I'm not afraid of butter and oil I'd just rather avoid them so I have more calories left for chocolatey treats!

I never tried them til now cause they freaked me out. Like they are chicken fetuses or periods or something. I was /am quite stubborn too so when I convince myself I dont like something I rarely change my mind. I didn't touch milk for about 5years - cause obviously it's cow cum. Haha.

Yes, I'm a freak. :)

:laugh:

You're awesome! :smokin:
  • esteeetee
    Options
    Haha I know it ain't cow cum. But you know you do kind of wank it to get it out.. lol anyway I have milk now in tea and on cereal....I got over that too.lol.
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My trick to flip them is two pans covered in Pam. I cook one side and top it with the other pan and flip the pan. Always works without breaking the eggs! (Usually) Top it with the add on's and fold it over.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I use 3 large eggs and beat them up in a bowl with a little milk.

Then I pour it into a hot non-stick frying pan that has a tablespoon of melted butter. Put it below medium and don't burn the butter before the eggs are ready. Put a cover on it and keep it low and the top begins to set. Sometimes I get impatient and I will lift an edge on the already solid part and tip the pan so the runny part runs under to the hot pan. Put the lid back on and cook some more until the top sets.

Then I dump some artichoke hearts and mushrooms and cheese on top (but any kind of veggie or meat is good in it). Slip it out of the pan so half of it is sitting on the plate and then flip / fold the top half over so you have a half moon stuffed with yummy.

Whole wheat toast and a big glass of low sodium v-8 juice.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    For a starter, you may want to make a frittata instead of an omelette. You cook the top by broiling it, so no flipping required. I'm obsessed with fritattas because they reheat well, so I can make a big one, cut it into portions, put them in tupperware individually, and bring them to work the rest of the week.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I just cannot resist...

I read the title and here's what I think...

go to restaurant.
    order omelette
    take knife and fork and slice off small piece
    place in mouth, chew, and swallow.

wait for flavor to kick in

add ketchup to small sampling
    take knife and fork and slice of another small piece
    place in mouth, chew, and swallow

wait for flavor to kick in.

make decision as to whether ketchup adds to the experience in a positive way.

repeat with user preference selection until omelette is finished.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I just cannot resist...

I read the title and here's what I think...

go to restaurant.
    order omelette
    take knife and fork and slice off small piece
    place in mouth, chew, and swallow.

wait for flavor to kick in

add ketchup to small sampling
    take knife and fork and slice of another small piece
    place in mouth, chew, and swallow

wait for flavor to kick in.

make decision as to whether ketchup adds to the experience in a positive way.

repeat with user preference selection until omelette is finished.

I thought of suggesting the restaurant but decided to give directions in case. Try it with some salsa as well.
  • lizwag85
    Options
    Scrambles are way easier to make than omelettes in my opinion.

Saute your veggies in a small amount of butter/butter substitute/nonstick oil spray in a non-stick pan. Break as many eggs as you want (don't have milk or water, much better that way), add salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder. Scramble the eggs in the pan. When they're almost done cooking, add the veggies back in.

I've found that 3 eggs can handle about half an onion and a small bell pepper while maintaining good proportions.

The best thing about scrambles or omeletes is it's a great way to pack more veggies into a meal and make it feel like you're eating a ton of food.

Oh, spinach is surprisingly good in them too. As is avocado & turkey bacon.

Great, now I've made myself hungry... :)

Anyway, hope that helps!

Liz
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    And how will I know how many calories it contains. Please give me advice, instructions, recipes!
    Thankyou!

Forgot to respond to the calories. First, you can enter each individual ingredient or you can enter your recipe. If you are comfortable with a plus or minus margin of calories use one of the omlettes listed in the database-there are lots in there.
  • asprague917
    Options
    i make an omelette every morning, soo filling.

i cute up my veggies and lucnh meat and throw them in the non stick pan to heat them up a bit and they provide the "oil" to make it not stick, and while those heat up i whisk together 3 eggs with a splash of milk kinda like how you would for scrambled eggs...then once the veggies and meat are heated to my liking i pour the eggs into the pan and mix everything up a little to spread the veggies out evenly
    once the edges start cooking lift them a bit with a spatula and lean the pan so the luiquid pours underneath and then flip once, or atleast try to, and cook another 45seconds or so and then slide it out of the pan onto your plate and add pepper and salt..so good and mine only have about 160 calories and fill me up till lunch time.
  • keithdillard
    Options
    I found an awesome omelet pan @ either TJMaxx or Ross that is hinged and about 6" round and approximately 2" thick with a locking mechanism. The brand name is Jo!e msc , the name is omelet ease. You whip up your 2 eggs add ingredients to eggs, spray both sides of pan with Pam, add eggs to pan, close and lock and put on burner for 3-4 min. then flip for another 3-4 min. On medium heat. Perfect omlets every time. My kids love it too. You can use egg whites but you don't get as fluffy an omelet, but still very good.
  • danaweston
    Options
    Google "omelet in a bag". It is real simple, no added oil and easy clean up.
    yea this work great just be careful not to let the freezer zip lock bag hang over the edge of the pan of boiling water..I made that mistake ugh. When using a pan it is important to get the pan very hot add tiny bit of oil then the eggs all whipped up. Keeps 'em from sticking to the pan
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I recently tried it with egg whites and then add whatever veggies, etc you like.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Why are you afraid of butter and oil?

you asked my question. :smile:
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    You will need a well-seasoned cast iron skillet to make one without oil. Beat two eggs, add them, cover. When the top is like half-way done Jello, flip. Put your fillings on the top, cook the bottom. Fold.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    omlettes are really easy to make. you can:
    1) use all whole eggs, i usually use 2-3 whole eggs depending on how many avail. calories i have available. using a fork, beat them and add a little milk. You can either use pam or a little oil in your pan. and heat the pan on med heat. pour mixture into prepped pan and let the mixture cook until it's all the liquid has solidified/cooked. fill one half with your toppings (peppers, mushrooms, ham, sausage, bacon, cheese or whatever you want. fold the unfilled side over and cook until filling is warm.

2) use Egg Beaters which is all egg white. They come in various flavours (cheese & chive, garden vegetable, plain). prep pan as above and fill with desired filling.

3) use a combination of one whole egg w/ egg beaters. Prep as above, fill with desired filling.

one omellet idea i really like is using egg whites. Mix the egg whites with some pepper and cumin (about .5 tsp of cumin to start - add more or less as desired). once the egg as cooked/solidfied, fill with salsa and cheese. top w/ low fat or fat free sour cream. Really low calorie and really filling.

also, pair the omeltte with a slice of toast

hope that helps.
  • esteeetee
    Options
    So after two **** ups I successfully made ny boyfriend and I an onlette each for tea. Soooo yummy! I think I'm in love.,tasted like calzone to me though! X