I want to give up.

Options
Nothing is working anymore and now I always feel hungry. I don't know what it is. I mean I get full but then when I'm hungry I am really hungry! I don't understand what is going on. :/

Replies

• krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    Is there any chance that you are prego? that is how i felt when i was prego. I would suggest eating more protein rich foods that will help you feel full longer.
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    We can't see your food diary.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I would say to increase your protein and not wait so long between meals.
  • ready4fit
    Options
    no chance at all that I'm prego. I am a vegetarian (semi) and just ate natural chicken tonight and finally feel full! :)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    don't do that! just keep researching and stay persistent. and make little changes, not lots of big ones all at once
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that helped me stay full was eating smaller meals more often. I try to eat around 6 times a day. This way I feel like I am eating more than usual but still staying in my calorie range. Also eating more fiber and protein helped to make me feel full longer.
  • JudeGilford
    JudeGilford Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's what I can tell you for sure, Sweetheart. If you give up now, you may spend years trying to get it right. I'm speaking from experience. I would get enthused about losing weight for a certain occasion and I'd starve myself, never reach my goal and finally give up. Can you imagine what that does to your spirit when you do it over and over?

Here you have support to be the best you can be -- safely and even fun sometimes. Don't count the pounds, count the inches. Are you working out regularly? Don't give up. Please don't give up. Eat foods you really enjoy and work out and you'll be able to do this!
  • ready4fit
    Options
    Here's what I can tell you for sure, Sweetheart. If you give up now, you may spend years trying to get it right. I'm speaking from experience. I would get enthused about losing weight for a certain occasion and I'd starve myself, never reach my goal and finally give up. Can you imagine what that does to your spirit when you do it over and over?

Here you have support to be the best you can be -- safely and even fun sometimes. Don't count the pounds, count the inches. Are you working out regularly? Don't give up. Please don't give up. Eat foods you really enjoy and work out and you'll be able to do this!

It feels like I've been trying for years but this time I really tried and Idk what else to do. I have been working out but not daily. I feel like I am starving myself now with the limit that they have for me. By the time I get to dinner I have like 300 calories left :( and am starving! I feel like I am eating right though. Tea whole grains fruit beans. I don't know where I am going wrong.
  • mrramsey
    Options
    "The number one reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go instead of how far they've gotten"

Don't give up! I agree with reedkaus be persistent and make small changes.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been trying SO hard since I started and I have lost... nothing. I am just making small changes to see what works for me and I dont see it as a 'diet' I'm just making healthier choices as I learn
  • dcummings80
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having a tough time...I go through that sometimes. What has helped me is taking vitamins, reducing sugar, and getting more protein (like lean chicken). I take a good multi with greens (GNC Mega Green for Women) plus a calcium supplement and that seems to help level me out. I think that also doing exercise that is really fun makes a difference...I like dance aerobics or I just go for a walk with a friend on my lunch break. I hope you can power through this tough time and get to see the results that you deserve! :o)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me as though you have set yourself up with an unrealistically low calorie allowance - that would be why you are always hungry.

Here's my best advice:
    - go back to your goals and set yourself up with a 1/2 pound a week weight loss goal. Don't stress out and say "but I'll never lose weight that way, it's too slow". The reality is that what you are doing now isn't working. You need to change.
    - eat all the calories MFP suggests plus those you burn from exercise.
    Do this for a month. Don't weigh yourself too often, once a week max during that month.

At the end of that time, have a look and see what has happened - are you hungry, can you stick to that amount, are you losing weight? Then you are in a much better position to work out what you need to do.

And remember that the number on the scale is the least important thing in this whole process. Changing your unhealthy habits for healthy ones is the only thing that is going to get you where you want to go. I wish I had worked that out when I was your age instead of waiting until I was 45!
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    great source for finding out foods NutritionData.Self.com heres a link to a list of foods that will help you stay fuller longer http://nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000997000000000000000.html They call it the fullness factor. This is a great site with so much info it can be overwhelming, but check it out!
    Don't give up! You can do it, I believe in you. The fact that you are here means you want to do this.

Good luck, and happy reading!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Well I can tell you still want to keep going, you are here asking for help. Please dont give up. It is not easy and maybe some people may give you great advice and it will help. Just remember why you want this, For a better life. It may take a while. I know I am having my issues with my weight loss but I am not going to give up. I want to live a great life. And I hope u do as well. There can always be something you might not know that will help..Keep at it. Have you gotten and tests at the Docs, maybe there is something you dont know about.
    just keep at it. You want to be healthier and there will be times you will not feel like u are on the mountain but you will get there. Just keep climbing. keep fighting for what you deserve.
    God bless you
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I have gone through that too. Especially when I first started. It does get better. I think your body has to adjust to the reduction of calories. Choose healthy snacks like 100 calorie popcorn. Drink some water. Maybe try taking a walk and seeing if it will pass. Don't give up!!! You can do it.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Dont look at the big picture. Make small obtainable goals every week. I am doing the Dukan diet currently. Now that may not work for you because its all protein for the first 3 weeks. Google it and see if yiu can handle it. But the protein overload does something to me and I am full all the time. But most certainly dont give up.
  • lissymae11
    Options
    Keep at it! I'm a vegetarian too, and I think getting enough protein is reaaalllly important... to keep you feeling full too.

I've been a vegetarian for 10 years, but when I started working out regularly last year, I suddenly craved meat so bad. But now I make sure to get enough protein, and I'm doing better!

And remember, if you're okay with it, then there's nothing wrong with going back to eating meat.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

And remember that the number on the scale is the least important thing in this whole process. Changing your unhealthy habits for healthy ones is the only thing that is going to get you where you want to go. I wish I had worked that out when I was your age instead of waiting until I was 45!

This, this, THIS! I have to keep reminding myself of this. Especially the last few weeks when the needle on the scale hasn't moved at all. Thanks for saying this. I needed the reminder again.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. If you do, then you are giving up on yourself rather than just a program. I've been there and done that but didn't make the connection. Keep trying different things and if you are at least maintaining, that's a huge WIN. Best of luck. :flowerforyou: