What am I doing wrong?!?!?

Options
I have been stuck at my current weight of 151 pounds for over a month and it's kinda starting to piss me off. I have been aiming for 1200 calories a day (excluding the last 3 days)while working out consistently almost everyday. What can I do to drop those last 15 or so pounds???

Replies

• lolee624
    lolee624 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing up your workout routine? If you do the same things every day (or even follow the same schedule week after week), your body adapts and doesn't burn calories as well.

Some friends and I do "bleacher miles" at the local high school. We walk a couple of warmup last on the football stadium track and then we run the track (actually, they run, I walk)....but, every time we get to the end of a set of bleachers, we go up and down the bleacher stairs. They can do 4 laps. I'm at three and working on doing 4. I can walk a 1.5 miles in 30 minutes with no problem, but the bleacher laps kill me!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    The last few lbs are always hard to lose. I agree with changing things up.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My recommendations are not always the easiest and most popular but every time I plateau (or come close since I never really have had more then 2 weeks without a loss) I cut my carbs. You eat a ton of carbs. I would say keep them at below 100 net (total minus fiber) and you will break out of your plateau.

Up your protein to take the place of the carbs you are cutting out.
  • jumpingbeans7
    Options
    Maybe..but the thingis I've tried that before, then after a banana and apple I'm almost 3/4 thought my carb allowance.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Maybe..but the thingis I've tried that before, then after a banana and apple I'm almost 3/4 thought my carb allowance.

You didn't subtract your fiber.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Start to monitor your water intake and make sure you get 10 cups in a day.

Also how is your Vitamin D & Calcium intake ?
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You don't eat any vegetables! Try breaking things up with some high fiber veggies and some good leafy greens. I know lentils and oats are vegetables, but green things are healthy too. Surprise your system a little.

Good luck!