Old dieter...new poster

Options
Hi - I just wanted to introduce myself to the community.

I've filled out my profile so you can learn all about me there. My long term goal is about a year away so I'm taking it 10 lbs at a time.
It's not like this is my first diet but it's going to be my last.

My husband recently died and eating is one of the things we loved to do together. Unfortunately, he was Jack Sprat and never gained weight and I was Jack Sprat's wife and gained twice as much. After 45 years, he weighed the same as when we got married and I looked like a helium balloon.

This is a slight exaggeration. :laugh:

I've lost before and I will do it again...one more time.

Thank you for listening.

Replies

• anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome. I love MFP. I've been here about 10 days. I could spend hours scrolling through all the posts. Even if no one addresses me specifically, it is helpful because so many of us have the same problems and experiences.

I wish you success. There is a group here of "over 60" and if I ever find it again I'll try to figure out a way to keep hold of it. You might look for it also. Ani
  • Tuwana73
    Options
    Best wishes to your success, sorry for your loss.... I'm sure your husband is very proud of you and loved you more and more everyday you shared*
  • Tuwana73
    Options
    I just started reading the posts Ani, I joined in May and have found that it's a very helpful tool... thankfully this month I seemed to get a pep in my step and am daily focused on my goals .... best wishes to you too:-)