Why do i do this to myself?!?!

Options
Hi, I just need to vent! I am so frustrated with myself. Why is it that everytime I hit a mini goal or make any progress I turn right around and F it up?!
For example, I was working my butt off (literally) and finally hit the 140 mark, right before my weekend in Vegas. I knew that while I was there I would indulge and go WAY over my calories, but I actually did ok. When I got home I had only put on 2 lbs, which I attributed to the alcohol. But, that was almost a week ago. I have since eaten every meal like I was goin to the gas chamber and haven't gotten my butt off the couch to exercise once..I seriously considered licking the plate clean after I had polished off a huge piece of chocolate cake at Red Lobster last night!
What the hell!!!
I just don't understand why i can't motivate my self to get back on track. I need my brain checked!

So.. thanks for letting me vent, I actually feel a little better now.

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Tell yourself that the binge is over and start afresh tomorrow. Plaster it on your bathroom mirror so you see it first thing in the am. Don't fret the relapse; it happens to us all; but just pick yourself up and dust yourself off, and keep moving forward!

361266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • annasid78
    Options
    I have no great advice. Other than pick yourself up, dust your self off and learn from this exprerince. I know. You are thinking shut up woman! I don't blame you. When others tell me the same thing when I am in the same boat.... errr.

Thing is, I am a slow learner. I am the middle of the licking the part phase.
  • SantaFe51
    Options
    I have no idea. I do stuff like that myself sometimes. But your post gave me a great laugh and I thank you for that. You have a very funny way of expressing yourself. LOL. Literally.
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Options
    It sounds like you're engaging in emotional eating or binging, maybe because you gained weight in Vegas, maybe not. However, whatever the reason, you need to make yourself get back off the couch and back on your eating plan -- otherwise, the weight's just going to pile right back on again, and I'm sure you remember what a pain it was to lose all of it in the first place :).

You can do it!!! Love yourself, love your body, and get going!!! :drinker:
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're not alone! I have been through countless yoyos in weight loss.

These days, I feel sluggish and it may be several reasons why - the cold winter, the pill, and bad eating habits. I read a blog advise that in order to keep energy up especially in the winter time, one must have soup at least once a day. Don't worry, it's a natural reaction of your body. Don't beat yourself down over it.

I am trying to have healthy habits, not only with food but also with restoring energy and keeping a good amount of energy all the time the whole day.

Hang in there!
  • saraketner
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I am sure it is emotional eating, that and just being lazy! But today is a new day..the first day of the week, I am starting fresh! Back on track!!