New Person! Be Nice!!

Options
Hello :)

I'm Jenny, I'm 26 and I live in the north of Scotland.
I'm here primarily to lose weight and get fitter.

When I turned 24, I weighed approximately 21st and 2lbs, and struggled to get up a single flight of stairs without needing my asthma inhaler.

Having just turned 26, I weigh 18st 6lbs, and I haven't needed my inhaler in over 8 months..!

I want to get fit, I want to lose the chub, and I am well on the way. I'll never be a fitness freak, I don't think. I do quite like my Wii though...!!

Tomorrow, I am going to start at the gym. I have completed the induction already, and had a workout. It wasn't too horrible, haha, so I will go back. I'm aiming for 2 gym workouts a week to start with, see how I get on with that.

I tend to babble... I shall stop there....... x

Replies

• Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jenny! Welcome to MFP! Congratulations on how far you have already come. That is awesome! We are so glad you are here. Good luck with the gym next week. Check back in and let us know how it goes! :flowerforyou:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!!! :)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here - and the support is magnificent :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Jenny!!

Welcome to the new YOU!!!! I believe you will love it here. As far as a fitness freak that's okay as you will still lose. I am living proof of that. :happy: Welcome aboard!
  • buggaboo73
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • Auburn_x
    Options
    Aw thanks everyone :D:D
  • GoodGollyMolly
    Options
    Nice to meet you Jenny. I too am a new member. Looking forward to having support along the way to stay motivated toward my goal. I will be 42 this year and just learned that my cholesterol is above normal. This is disturbing to me b/c I am fairly active. I play tennis and walk my dog daily. I have been wanting to lose my extra 20 lbs I gained after having two children for a couple of years now, but lack the motivation to "stick to the plan." I also know that I need to add more cardio and strength training to my exercise routine (tennis is not enough). I used to run, but suffered level 3 ankle sprain last May and still have difficulty running comfortably. Hence, I have made walking my dog my regular cardio (needless to say, not the same).
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    hiya jenny , im from glasgow so its nice to see another scottish person on here! Your braver than me i havent started the gym yet but i will when i get a bit more confidence. so if you ever fancy a gab feel free to add me as a friend, good luck :smile:

heather x