Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 33

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
so yesterday was amazing, and definitely the best day for me this year. i went out with my best friend, our other friend her sister and her mom. my friend is getting married in september, so we went to all of the places that she is having her wedding. we went to this amazing english garden that is right on the ocean, and i almose cried it was so gorgeous (i live here, but it still stops my heart some times because of its beauty). we then went to a place called coombs where there is a cool market and artisan shops, and they even have little goats that live on the roof, and the most unreal bakery you've ever seen. then we walked along the beach, and went to her reception venue which is right on the beach and had lunch. then we lounged on the beach and soaked up the sun and went in the ocean. it was unbelievable.

i never do anything. i know i've said this many times before, but i swear to god, i never do anything with friends. my social highlight of the week is going out for an hour lunch on fridays. this day was exactly what i needed. even though i look a little bit like a lobster today, i really needed to get out and see what living is actually like. it's spectacular! it's like something opened my eyes, slapped my upside the head and said, "this is life. this is why people get out of bed in the morning. this is why people are HAPPY you silly woman." it was definitely an awakening.

so food wise, yesterday went pretty well. honestly i was so happy that i didn't really think about what i was putting in my mouth, but it still wasn't that bad. here is how it went:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 banana
1 cup milk

lunch:
1 piece of veggie stuffed pizza (almost like a calzone). it was wonderful.
1 small chunk of smoked salmon
1 black currant hard candy

mid afternoon supper/lunch thing:
1 cheeseburger
fries
gravy
2 tbsp of basil mayo
1 smirnoff ice (i don't drink, but it was 30 degrees and the best thing that has ever crossed these lips lol)

late supper/snack:
1 banana
22 almonds
1 small yogurt
mini carrots
few dried cranberries

so all in all pretty good. we had the hamburgers at about 3:30, and by the time i got home at 6:30, i was absolutely starving. i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted fast food. like you would not believe, i wanted it bad, but i resisted the urge, and had a heathy snacky supper instead. it did the trick without being gorged, and without all of the extra calories.

today is lovely out, not nearly as hot as yesterday, but still beautiful. i live on vancouver island and this weekend we have the empire days/ may day festivities, so i think i may walk down to the harbour and see the parade! it should be fun. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 small yogurt

snack:
mini carrots
cucumber slices
22 almonds
some wheat thin crackers

lunch:
not sure, but probably tuna sandwich on multigrain

snack:
1 banana
2 slices of lean ham

supper:
1 smokie
1 hot dog bun
1 potato, cut into wedgies and roasted in 1 tsp. oil

so here is to day. i'm looking forward to getting outside again. i feel alive, and happy, truly happy for the first time in a long time. maybe this is the start of something new. have a good day!

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    so yesterday was amazing, and definitely the best day for me this year. i went out with my best friend, our other friend her sister and her mom. my friend is getting married in september, so we went to all of the places that she is having her wedding. we went to this amazing english garden that is right on the ocean, and i almose cried it was so gorgeous (i live here, but it still stops my heart some times because of its beauty). we then went to a place called coombs where there is a cool market and artisan shops, and they even have little goats that live on the roof, and the most unreal bakery you've ever seen. then we walked along the beach, and went to her reception venue which is right on the beach and had lunch. then we lounged on the beach and soaked up the sun and went in the ocean. it was unbelievable.

i never do anything. i know i've said this many times before, but i swear to god, i never do anything with friends. my social highlight of the week is going out for an hour lunch on fridays. this day was exactly what i needed. even though i look a little bit like a lobster today, i really needed to get out and see what living is actually like. it's spectacular! it's like something opened my eyes, slapped my upside the head and said, "this is life. this is why people get out of bed in the morning. this is why people are HAPPY you silly woman." it was definitely an awakening.

so food wise, yesterday went pretty well. honestly i was so happy that i didn't really think about what i was putting in my mouth, but it still wasn't that bad. here is how it went:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    1 cup milk

lunch:
    1 piece of veggie stuffed pizza (almost like a calzone). it was wonderful.
    1 small chunk of smoked salmon
    1 black currant hard candy

mid afternoon supper/lunch thing:
    1 cheeseburger
    fries
    gravy
    2 tbsp of basil mayo
    1 smirnoff ice (i don't drink, but it was 30 degrees and the best thing that has ever crossed these lips lol)

late supper/snack:
    1 banana
    22 almonds
    1 small yogurt
    mini carrots
    few dried cranberries

so all in all pretty good. we had the hamburgers at about 3:30, and by the time i got home at 6:30, i was absolutely starving. i reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly wanted fast food. like you would not believe, i wanted it bad, but i resisted the urge, and had a heathy snacky supper instead. it did the trick without being gorged, and without all of the extra calories.

today is lovely out, not nearly as hot as yesterday, but still beautiful. i live on vancouver island and this weekend we have the empire days/ may day festivities, so i think i may walk down to the harbour and see the parade! it should be fun. here is the plan for today:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 small yogurt

snack:
    mini carrots
    cucumber slices
    22 almonds
    some wheat thin crackers

lunch:
    not sure, but probably tuna sandwich on multigrain

snack:
    1 banana
    2 slices of lean ham

supper:
    1 smokie
    1 hot dog bun
    1 potato, cut into wedgies and roasted in 1 tsp. oil

so here is to day. i'm looking forward to getting outside again. i feel alive, and happy, truly happy for the first time in a long time. maybe this is the start of something new. have a good day!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! I'm glad you had a fun day!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • valgreg38
    valgreg38 Posts: 17
    Options
    What a fantastic day! it sounded wonderful, good for you on getting out and enjoying life! Sounds like you have another great day ahead of you! I myself yesterday sat out on my balconey and just enjoyed the day, I lounged, and read it was so nice to sit and relax and do absolutely nothing, I don't get those days often enough, I loved it, I am planning an early movie today, and a barby with my honey late afternoon, I am trying to stay out of sun today as I over did it yesterday.
    I noticed on your daily menue you have almonds and always 22, I love em, was wondering what the caolorie count was on that , on food counter here only show by 1 once, is that how many 22 are? anyway thanks and have a great day!
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect day. :drinker: We all need to have these at least once a week :laugh:
  • ellelit
    Options
    yes 22 almonds is one ounce. i'm canadian and have a different weight system, but i don't know the conversion, so i just put the actual # of almonds :) also, i find this number actually fills me up. i've tried less, but i still get the grumblies.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Awesome. :happy: I was just looking out the window thinking how I'm totally going to make the most of today - get a bunch of things off my to-do list, go for a really nice long run, spend time with my hubby, drink a few beers, and really enjoy the beautiful weather outside.

Carpe diem!!! :laugh:
  • valgreg38
    valgreg38 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks,