combining exercises

Options
Hi! I have to repost it in the right section. Ok I think (and very much hope so) I'm at the stage of great motivation to get rid of all this fat. So, I started going to the YMCA but I know I don't push myself hard enough. So I looked at the group exercises they offer and I'm having trouble of choosing just one. So, I'm thinking, for example, do cycling on Mon, TRX on Wed, step/pilates on sat. What do u think, is that a good idea or I should choose one and stick to it to get some effect? Thank you for any comments

Replies

• Brendajo510
    Options
    I think its a great idea, just don't sign up for more than you can handle. You don't want to promise every night away, sometimes you might want to go out and this can limit that. I would just recommend trying different types of workouts. If you do Cardio one day, then try strength the next. It's good to work out multiple muscles and not just the sames ones day after day after day.

Trying multiple classes could also be good in finding what workouts really motivate you. It all does sound like fun and I hope you have a great time!
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Doing different workouts on different days isn't a bad thing. If it keeps you moving and keeps you from getting bored, you'll lose the weight. I use workout DVDs for almost all my exercise, and I alternate my workouts all the time. Not to mention, if you get into all 3 and find out 1 is your favorite, you can start focusing on that 1.