good fitness mags for women?

Options
My friends son is doing a magazine fundraiser so I will be ordering a monthly magazine, just wondering what would be a good one to get for me! I'm 25 love to run, lift weights and eat healthy! Any advice on what would be a good one for women like me would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• acep07
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from fitness magazines(mainly men's and women's fitness or is it Men's and Women's Health?). i dont remember which one is made up of mostly supplement advertisements. Which ever one I'm referring to, stay clear of it. They are just a collection of advertisments for supplements.

Perhaps a magazine for runners? Perhaps a magazine that is for cooking (gives recipe/meal ideas)?
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Omg I love Self magazine! Its full of positivity, great exercise cards, diet plans, and has stuff about health, beauty, and fashion, but its primary focus is motivated, fit women. The drop 10 plan is awesome too! Its in there monthly. I highly recommend it! Far more entertaining than Shape magazine.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I read Self and Fitness.
  • acep07
    Options
    Thanks guys I'll definetly look into those:-)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I thought Women's Health had pretty good nutrition and exercise advice. But it was a small part of the magazine, and the rest of the magazine looked more like Cosmo with fashion, relationship, career, and sex advice. Ummm, no thanks, I'm just looking for fitness. I let my subscription go.
    Now I just subscribe to Black Belt. Hubby subscribes to Runner's World.
  • oregongal77
    Options
    I also like shape.
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I get the magazine called Fitness and its pretty good. it usually has a lot of good recipes and exercises.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love fitness magazine
  • Pace29
    Pace29 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Oxygen magazine. good focus on being fit rather than skinny. Also just got free 1 yr subscription to fitness magazine as well.