So just tried Greek yogurt for the first time...

Options
...and it is delicious!! Granted, it's strawberry Chobani which is probably a far cry from the authentic stuff but I thought I'd try a tamer version first. I tasted it before mixing in the strawberries and it's really good just plain too. It tasted like a combination of ice cream and cream cheese! Yum.

I want to get more protein in my diet and it seems like everyone recommends this stuff. I have wanted to try it but was nervous because I don't like regular yogurt that much and heard Greek yogurt is an acquired taste. I must have acquired it haha. Anyway just wanted to share my latest food adventure. Thanks MFP for giving me that little push to try something different!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    that is a good yogurt, but if you want to really have your socks knocked off -- try Greek Gods Honey flavor (it's named Hermes). HOLY SMOKES that stuff is like crack to me. (the honey vanilla is not the same and not as good). try it!!
  • Scalvak
    Scalvak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oikos Greek Yogurt is delicious! The honey is my favorite :)
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    I use it in place of so many things, ok, one thing, sour cream, I make my dips with it, on my potatoes, with a dash of honey as dessert, in meals as cream.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I make my own in the crockpot, but i use the Okios as my base. Its very very yummy!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Fage Total 0% all flavors are SO GOOD!!! Have fun exploring all your greek yogurt options :tongue:
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Fage...for the win!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    LOVE Chobani! I cant eat Yoplait or Activia anymore....no comparison! :)
  • transvenouspacer
    transvenouspacer Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try everyone's recommendations! Going to the grocery store tomorrow, can't wait!

Fage Total 0% all flavors are SO GOOD!!! Have fun exploring all your greek yogurt options :tongue:

Oh I'm sure I will!!! Thanks!

LOVE Chobani! I cant eat Yoplait or Activia anymore....no comparison! :)

You said it...no more of the other yogurt, it's so watery and sugary sweet bleh.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I use the plain Greek to stretch cheese farther on less calories. It's also great as a sour cream substitute.
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    FAGE' IS MY #1 GREEK YOGURT...BUT HONESTLY WATCH THE SUGAR IN THE FLAVORED YOGURTS...THEY CAN BE KIND OF HIGH!
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is great because it isn't full of artificial sweeteners or anything. Great way to get protein with your breakfast!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    These days my go-to is Fage Total 0 plain, nonfat. It's lacking the sweetness, but I'm digging it...

But let me tell ya... Liberte yogurt is really good stuff, the lemon & coconut are probably my all time 2 faves. Great stuff!! Also, Chobani apple cinnamon is good too.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% is great because it isn't full of artificial sweeteners or anything. Great way to get protein with your breakfast!

yep... no extra sweeteners and has the most protein.
  • ricetuna
    Options
    Fage all the way :)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of so many things, ok, one thing, sour cream, I make my dips with it, on my potatoes, with a dash of honey as dessert, in meals as cream.
    Same here - it replaces sour cream perfectly. I add seasoings to make a veggie dip. It's the best thing since sliced bread :happy:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I make my own in the crockpot, but i use the Okios as my base. Its very very yummy!

I have heard this is actually easy to make and am intrigued. Do you have a recipe on how to try?

I have been using fage 2% (sometimes 0% but honestly, it's fine but not nearly as good as w/a little fat). I hate all the little yogurt containers and recycling them.

Oh and I saw that a lot of people like the honey flavor--this is so expensive! buy the plain and buy some local honey and use a little of that...much less expensive. Or maple syrup. My favorite combo is the plain 2% w/a little maple syrup and sunflower seeds and wyman's frozen blueberries (or fresh berries if you have them). Quite the treat.
  • Scalvak
    Scalvak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh and I saw that a lot of people like the honey flavor--this is so expensive! buy the plain and buy some local honey and use a little of that...much less expensive. Or maple syrup. My favorite combo is the plain 2% w/a little maple syrup and sunflower seeds and wyman's frozen blueberries (or fresh berries if you have them). Quite the treat.

This sounds great! I'm going to try it :)
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I love Greek Yogurt, but keep in mind that the flavored Chobani varieties have added sugar. Yes, "evaporated cane juice" is sugar.

I like Fage the best, but Chobani is much less expensive. I only buy the "Plain" no-fat Greek Yogurt in the quart sized though.