Is this seat taken?

Options
Hello, I've actually been on here for about week or two but forgot to introduce myself. Consider me the guy at the party that seems to walk around like he owns the place but nobody knows his name. Sure, he's charming, funny and lets not forget handsome. But just who the hell invited him? Well, you can blame my ol' buddy "jackiepoo" for that. He's made amazing strides in his weight loss and inspired me to follow his lead,. So, I'm here to drop a few (read: a lot) pounds and learn a thing or two from those of you that have succeeded and are achieving your goals. Now, where's the Fat Free, Sugar Free, Low Carb, Lite punch?

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    lmao! welcome! heres one tip for you....i cut out all drinks, but water and unsweetened hot tea for the first 6 months. now i allow myself juice and other drinks like 0 cal sodas on the weekends, and one (sometimes 2) cups of coffee during the week....so far, so good! good luck to you!
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad you finally introduced yourself! Consider me the girl with the punch bowl on her head from one too many. :drinker:

I wish you much success!
  • flipebi
    Options
    LOL! Welcome -- I am new here too. Enjoy and all the best in your weight loss adventures!!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will love it here!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Love the intro, welcome to MFP....step away from the punch bowl. Like someone else said, it's about the water (or really the lack of other drinks).
    I stick to water, and drink G2's during a workout.

You'll find what's right for you. Good Luck
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ..... wishing you much success in your weight loss journey :bigsmile:
  • igmom
    igmom Posts: 90
    Options
    Man, that was some party! I don't remember you, but don't take that as an insult. I woke up this morning fully clothed, including shoes and wool coat. Oddly, I managed to get a red wine stain on my bra. Anyway, sorry I missed you. Thanks for the intro.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    OH! too too funny! love it and here's a BIG WELCOME to you!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Seat's taken; can't sit here (in a Forrest Gump voice).

J/k :) welcome to MFP! It's so great here!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Welcome and good luck- seems like you have the right attitude to get started! :bigsmile: