mind vs body rebellion!!

Options
So I started out a couple of months ago on here, doing great, logging my food, exercising, dropped 14 lbs, seriously feelig healthy and energized. Two weeks ago, I lost it!!! Lost my motiviation, lost my good feeling. Starting eating like crap again and not even thinking about it. Stopped logging my food, stopped coming here. WTH? My mind is saying... do this and FEEL good and my body is totally rebelling. I'm having such struggles with this. Every night before I go to bed, I plan out the next day thinking if I can just get through 1 full day I could get back on track again. My willpower sank and my hopes are going with it. I really want to feel like I was a few weeks ago and just don't know how to get it back.

Replies

• jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Your back that's the first right choice " well done"
  • kazoooo8
    Options
    wow, youre right! Thank you for pointing that out :flowerforyou: One big step forward!!
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Feeling good & willpower come and go. Making a decision and sticking to it is what's going to get you from point A to point B. Feelings change. Will power only gets you so far.

Wanting it bad enough to stick with it and eat what you planned out for that day... get to that point and you are set.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow, I know exactly what you mean! Been there before. Sometimes it's other stuff going on in our lives that we don't want to face that suck the determination out of us. Like an emotionally heavy confrontation we keep avoiding; or a life-stressing change we don't want to deal with; maybe even clinical depression that saps our best intentions. Maybe it's as simple as the fear of success that sinks our efforts. This is the time we really NEED to be eating healthy, feeding our bodies the best nutrition we can, and getting the sleep we need to face the next day. Often that's NOT what we do. Whatever it is for you, don't punish yourself. Be kind to yourself. If getting through 1 day is too hard right now, then try your best for 1/2 a day, or even 2 hours at a time. Just break it down into small enough "bites" at a time so that you can start to build on your successes again, however small. You really do deserve to be healthy. Take a deep breath, smile, know we are out here cheering you on. Head down, concentrating on moving forward, one step at a time!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Your back that's the first right choice " well done"

I agree with this. Make checklists! I'm very scatterbrained and if I can't "see" it, I won't do it. I've been off the wagon for about a mont and I've gained - had life *kitten* get in the way and now I'm ready again! You've made the first choice!
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One small change at a time will make it more manageable.