If Every Day Were Like Today...

Options
So I have this habit of taking screen shots every night when I complete my diary, just so I have a visual of how my days go up and down depending on what I ate and how much I burned.

Just now, after I completed my diary, this is what it read:

"If every day were like today, you'd weigh 215 in 5 weeks"

That's my GOAL weight!! :bigsmile:
(my first goal weight, anyway)

I can't believe it! This is definitely motivation for me to keep at it! :flowerforyou:

Does anyone else pay attention to that message at the end of your day? Does it help you, distract you, or could you care less? :laugh:

Replies

• d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love that message, it really helps me keep it all in perspective. I tend to want to see results faster than they are going to come, so it reminds me that I'm making progress, not magic.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to it but just as a guideline not as a hard and fast rule.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    No, I ignore it. But that's because I've been at this long enough to tweak my calories & activity level and know pretty much if I'm on track or not. If you eat over or under unusually high/low one day, it's going to tell you a # that isn't really accurate... what matters is the amount of calories you've eaten in one week vs. the calories burned. Over time is what matters, not so much day to day. Stay in a slight deficit for the week and you're going to be fine.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I use it sometimes - I've started doing it again for the past week or so and I like the fact that if I have a day where I'm way over calories it give me a stark reminder of the fact that my weight is likely to go UP not down.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I see it and think "Psssh! This thing is never right! No way in hell I'm going to be 159 (that was tonight's) in 5 weeks!" and I might not be, but I thought that about 180, and then 170, and then 165, so although I might not see that number in 5 weeks, I know that number is coming because I keep proving myself wrong
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love that message, it definitely keeps me motivated and keeps me going and helps me stay on track with how I'm eating/exercising. I completed my diary today and it said I'd be 132 lbs in 5 weeks, that's one of my first mini goals :)
    Edited to fix typos
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love when I have a particularly high day and then it says a weight that is MORE than what I currently weigh, I'm reminded to NOT repeat that behavior again for a LONG time (so I can keep the weight off). It may not be 100% accurate but it sure does keep me motivated. The more and more I see the lower numbers, the more encouraged I am to stick with what I'm doing :bigsmile:

I have screen shots from when I first signed up with MFP 6 months ago and I've long since passed those weights! Just imagine the day when I will be thinking, "Wow, 215? I passed that months ago!" :tongue:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I work out my calories differently than MFP does. It always tells me I'll gain weight in 5 weeks.
  • kazoooo8
    Options
    I love that message!! I remember the day it said in 5 weeks I would be 198.5 lb and I haven't seen Onederland in a long time!!! That was definitely nice to see!!!
  • jimosaurus42
    Options
    Yeah I always roll my eyes at it, "oh yeah right I will be 160 lbs in five weeks!" LOL But so far I have been proven wrong thankfully, perhaps I should take heart in it a bit more... but I suppose I'm often given to cynicism LOL
  • floridachikk
    floridachikk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love when I have a particularly high day and then it says a weight that is MORE than what I currently weigh, I'm reminded to NOT repeat that behavior again for a LONG time (so I can keep the weight off). It may not be 100% accurate but it sure does keep me motivated. The more and more I see the lower numbers, the more encouraged I am to stick with what I'm doing :bigsmile:

I have screen shots from when I first signed up with MFP 6 months ago and I've long since passed those weights! Just imagine the day when I will be thinking, "Wow, 215? I passed that months ago!" :tongue:

Yup! It is a really great stick when I eat badly and it shows me being a weight that I do NOT want to be! Definitely encourages me to change my behavior!
  • xokatelyntaylor
    Options
    I've never recieved this message. How do I receive it? I'd like to know :(
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Hit the "Complete Entry" button in your Food section.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've reached my goal weight & am maintaining. If it projects that I'll gain, it's a reminder that if I don't work at it I could end up back at square one. It's a teaching tool for me. It shows me that I need to improve on my food choices.