Ladies! A little advice in need

Options
So TTOM is sitting close and laughing hard, only ,most of the telltale signs(lethargy, constipation,cravings, feeling cranky and sweaty, swollen breasts) started last week, on the 19th day. Does PMS start so early?
Also, today is the 25th day, and I seem to have gained 5.5 lbs. In addition, parts of me look larger than usual-my arms, stomach and thighs look inflated and that's no exaggeration. I know we bloat but is this a little odd?

Replies

• head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    And my very good friend gets joint pain during that time. My body hurts the most 2nd day of TOM. Everybody is different.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I really struggle thru TOM, 2 weeks out of the month I put on and take off 5-7 pounds, it is a true struggle. My advise is to get in as much exercise as you can and lay off the salt. Don't let it control you, take charge & keep going. :devil:
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Getting in exercise is right! I've not been exercising regularly properly the past 5 days and I feel so lethargic-the scale is the last straw though.

Until I turned 21, I would never even know I was getting my period. No cramps, bloats, very rare emotional imbalance. Guess hormonal response changes with age.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I never weigh or even worry about weighing during that time. If I do gain, it's going to come right off. Just eat normally, drink plenty of water... a little snacking isn't going to hurt. I don't worry about hardcore exercise the first day. The first day is when I have cramps & some lethargy, but after that I'm good to go. Some women have a lot more trouble than this though, apparently... so everyone's advice on TOM should be taken with a grain of salt, I'm sure. Some women have real issues with it. I just don't ever use it as an excuse. But I also am not a workout nazi who MUST bust my own a** despite cramps... I just go with the flow and that works well for me.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    It isn't TTOM yet. it's pre-TTOM, and I wish TTOM was here already because it's getting the worst of me! I'm eating late nights, not eating during the day and the cycle repeats. Normally I don't eat more than 100-200 calories at night which is usually a calorie reserve. But the past few days Ive just gone ballistic!

Praying this isn't permanent and comes off soon.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Praying this isn't permanent and comes off soon.

Lol... it's not permanent. Just relax. It's more than likely water weight. Take yourself outside for some brisk walking... that should help.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    You're right. Brisk walking is my favourite squeeze-into--busy-day activity, I'll probably fit that in today!

Thanks !!
  • d8nni
    d8nni Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One of the things I do is take high doses of vitamin B, that helps with the lack of energy and emotional issues. I just gained 3 pounds in the past two days for no eating/exercise reason, just TOM, bearing down on me!
  • AbiJj
    AbiJj Posts: 26
    Options
    I take evening primrose oil... Not a hippy, but after having kids I started with pain coming up to Tom, never ever bothered me before, and now I'm more or less settled again.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Frankly, I weighes myself three days ago, slightly full stomach, because I'd had a bad 3 days before that so I was sure I was retaining water. The scale said I gained 2 pounds. 2 pounds usually does not bother me because I fluctuate that much pretty regularly. Since then, 3.5 pounds in 2 days? I'm not a stretchable rubberband hehehehe.

@AbiJj: My mom says the same things, she stopped cramping after having us. Ah the joys of being a woman :):)
  • shan1204
    Options
    I start cramping severely the week before and become a fire breathing dragon (according to my husband). Exercise does help - I don't mean extreme exertion but a good long walk does seem to help with the cramping.

I also start taking iron tabs the week before because I get terribly anaemic and get leg cramps from the iron deficiency.