Sugar free dessert/snack/sweet treat ideas

Options
Ok, so I'm cutting sugar out my diet completely. I know there will be people who say everything in moderation, there's no reason to cut it out completely etc. but this is a personal choice, and personally I think it makes me bloated and sick so...no more sugar.
My problem is that I do not consume artificial sweeteners. I refuse to use any of them and when I google sugar free, this is all I can find. I have no issues eating sugar free at home, but every once and awhile there will be times I will need to come up with a dessert idea for example, at Christmas, Birthdays, etc. So...
I need ideas!

Replies

• MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Are you opposed to chocolate? I don't eat anything with sugar added to the ingrediants, but I do ocassionally bake with chocolate. *small amounts*

A good site to check out is chocolatecoveredkatie.com

:)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, you don't want to use sugar but you don't consume artificial sweeteners? I think that leaves you with fruit.
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Assuming you mean you just don't use refined sugar, look for recipes that use honey, maple syrup, agave, or date paste
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I think you should reword what you have said.
    Natural sugars are just fine to eat. Fruits and vegetables are great for you and the sugar contents in those are good for you.
    Cutting out all sugar would be way too hard. As even a basic salad has sugar.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I think you should reword what you have said.
    Natural sugars are just fine to eat. Fruits and vegetables are great for you and the sugar contents in those are good for you.
    Cutting out all sugar would be way too hard. As even a basic salad has sugar.

I said I didn't eat sugar, or artificial sugar. I never said I don't eat fruit.