Logging Drinks?

Options
I noticed when looking at others diaries that most aren't logging drinks like tea or coffee like I do!

Am I doing it wrong and those are not part of my calorie count or should i be logging everything that passes my lips?

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Depends what your goals are. If part of becoming more fit for you is cutting down on caffeine, go for it. I don't log because I am happy with my caffeine intake, though I do of course log the mix-ins since those have calories
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat or drink.
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    Depends on the drink but it can be dangerous to not log drinks because done can be very high in cals, which u may have not allowed for.
    Yeah also if you are concerned with tracking sugars or something like that then adding drinks is beneficial
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat or drink.

Ditto!!! Was floored at how many enpty calories I was wasting on vanilla syrup in my coffees!!!! I've switched to drinking just plain tea, trim milk and no sugar . . .
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    tea or coffee are, for all intents and purposes, calorie free. i dont bother.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I log coffee because when I usually get it it's sugar filled.
    Tea not so much, I'll log the sugar I put in it though.
  • Toshiana123
    Options
    Definitely log in drinks. You could be drinking drinks with a bunch of sugar, and that adds up very quickly.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I log all my drinks
  • leska1216
    Options

I drink my coffee black so I don't log it. I don't log my water either as I know I drink 8 liters a day. I do log drinks if I use a mix or a juice, but those are few and far between. I don't drink soft drinks, sparkling flavoured waters, sports drinks, energy drinks, or anything else in any other category of drink. Boring....
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I log my tea and coffee, purely for the calorific value in the semi-skimmed milk. It may be a small amount, but it's still calories that I intake.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I noticed when looking at others diaries that most aren't logging drinks like tea or coffee like I do!

Am I doing it wrong and those are not part of my calorie count or should i be logging everything that passes my lips?

Each to their own, I log all the drinks I have, but that's me
  • jozzler
    Options

I drink my coffee black so I don't log it. I don't log my water either as I know I drink 8 liters a day. I do log drinks if I use a mix or a juice, but those are few and far between. I don't drink soft drinks, sparkling flavoured waters, sports drinks, energy drinks, or anything else in any other category of drink. Boring....

I don't count in tea or coffee either, but i do log them on my water intake, after all, it's a cup of water.

8 liters a day?! I hope you mean cups?! :bigsmile:
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have almost completely switched to green tea with jasmine now, having a coffee is somewhat of a sugary, milky, twice weekly treat, so i log that.
  • chrisa8170
    chrisa8170 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I log mine as I want to get a true picture of what i'm taking in, similarly with the food items I will pick the one that either has the highest confirmations or the higher calories, my logic being if I over record my intake and keep below my limit then i will be safe in terms of weight loss.

I think 'home made' tea coffee is probably ok to not record as it may be only a calorie or two for the milk (assuming no sugar) if it is shop bought (major coffee chain) then i would look to record it.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I log all my drinks.
    I created a separate category just for drinks in my diary.
    That way no one can see what time I started on the Voddy or cider :tongue:
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There's no right or wrong way of doing it. Like someone else said, it depends on your goals but also the type of person you are. Personally, I find it a waste of time and effort to log plain tea or black coffee or to log the three drops of skim milk I might add to my coffee, but if there's more calories in it, it should be logged.
  • Astraea1976
    Astraea1976 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I do log mine as i have milk in my tea and 1 sugar still in coffee so it all adds up to me.

Also i have the occasional cider and boy was i shocked how many calories i was necking!!!