batning suit/dressing room woman story....

Options
Should say Bathing suit not batning?!)
Last summer my sister in laws and I went for our annual "girls weekend" - got massages, facials and went shopping - at the Gap there was a HUGE sale rack....we were all trying on clothes etc etc when I saw the cutest two piece...wasnt a bikini but was a V neck, tie behind the neck and scrunchie down to about the belly and the bottoms were tie at each side, a really neat bronze/gold color. They were $2.99 a piece - yes below 6$ for a whole bathing suit. I loved it - found the size I needed for the bottoms but there were no my size tops... took the size below to the dressing room - nver in a million years thinking that they would fit or look good just having fun and playing what if.
My sister in laws are both tiny and very athletic so they were trying on bathing suits and dresses no problem (I kept needing a bigger size)....anyway I put the suit on and the bottoms were fine (cant say they looked great but they were fine), put on the top (which I knew was to small anyway) and my "girls" looked HUGE and the suit was to small and I thought it looked terrible....but I came out of the dressing room and my sil's said "Oh MYGOD you have boobs! I SOOOO want your boobs! I didnt know you had those, if I had those Id show them off, you have to get that suit" - really, it was sort of funny how all the women in the dressing room were coming out to check out my boobs..now my sil's are very athletic and flat chested because there is no FAT, literally no fat on their bodies - so I was having a hard timeaccepting the "compliments" but they did mean them lovingly. They told me that the color of the suit was perfct for me and it was to small but not by much (yea right) and that if I lost a few pounds it would look great on me (yea right) but for $6 I had to get it and I should wear it sun bathing in my backyard if not the beach with them (again yea right). I took the suit off all the whiel with them insisting that I get the suit....
So, as you probably figured out - I bought the suit hell for $6 I could use it as a dust rag....
its been sitting in my closet for abotu a year....
I decided to put it on today, in the privacy of my own home (and mirror) and take a peek.
I put it on and the bottoms were actually a little big(????) I had to tie them tighter and the top, well, I personally dont like shoing off my girls so to me it was to low and a bit to revealing - but, it actually looked pretty good...Im not SI swimsuit material mind you - :laugh: but I stood there amazed...it actually fit and I could go out in public in it! My daughter came upstairs and I ran to hide - but instead I said "how do you like my bathing suit?" She told me she liked it, it looked good. I asked her if my boobs were to big (heck I dont want to embarass her out in public either) and she said no that it looked nice.
IM SO EXCITED!!! I dont know if Id ever have the courage to wear it in public but I dont even care -- it fit, it looked good and MY BODY was in it! It was ME in the mirror!
I LOVE MFP!

Replies

• lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I hope you do get to wear it outside. :flowerforyou:
    I totally understand your problems with the twins. Mine are always trying to escape their clothing. :blushing:
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    That's very inspiring! As a guy, we don't have the pleasure of being able to loose weight, fit into a smaller top, and have nice breasts, but I'm sure it feels great. And if your daughter says you looked good, then you know you're hot!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats on fitting into the suit! Show the girls with pride, a lot of people pay good money to have those! :wink:
    It's always amazing to me how hard (even thin) people are on themselves. Everybody is so worried about how they look, they hardly worry about others! ENJOY the suit!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Amazing! A bathing suit that actually looks good and didn't cost a million dollars! Congratulations!!! You wear that suit to the beach girl! You wear it for all of us who are still looking for one that even comes close to looking good! Just think of the one you will be able to get when you reach your goal, you are gonna look HOT!!!!:wink:
    Thanks for sharing that story, me and my girls have hope now too!
    Hugs!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I say take a chance and wear it out. You could make some heads turn. LOL I don't think your daughter won't tell you if she didn't like it.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Always trust your daughter's opinion....they will be brutally honest!! I have been very little on top all my life and after about age 35 I started getting cleavage and now don't mind if the girls peek out a little from time to time. Wear the beautiful suit with pride!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!