Package calories vs MFP calories

Options
I notice the calorie count on some food packaging differs than that on MFP. Would you go by the package or MFP?

Replies

• krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    the package. MFP is user entered information and may not be correct or outdated information. Always use the package information as it's most accurate.
  • totallyforgiven
    totallyforgiven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The information on here is user entered. Some people do not take it as serious as others, so it may not be correct, for various reasons, they were not careful when they entered the information or they wanted their stats to look good, etc. You should always go by the packaging, because that is what you are using. Once you get it entered, then mark it as a favorite, then you can always find yours easier.
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go by the package but PLEASE! update the information on the food in the database that is incorrect.... That's how we make sure the information stays current.

Package sizes and serving sizes may change over time making the MFP information outdated.

When you click on an item the box pops up wih the serving size and quantity... just above that is the Nutritional information.. Thisis where you can either CONFIRM the information as being correct, or make the changes necessary to update the information.
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    The information on here is user entered. Some people do not take it as serious as others, so it may not be correct, for various reasons, they were not careful when they entered the information or they wanted their stats to look good, etc. You should always go by the packaging, because that is what you are using. Once you get it entered, then mark it as a favorite, then you can always find yours easier.

I think some products, even if they have the same brand name, havedifferent nutritionnal info in the States than in Canada, so I double check everything....