Increasing calories was such a smart move...

Options
So before I had my settings to lose 1 lb/week and I was working out like a maniac (lots of Cardio)...

Since last Friday I changed my settings to 1/2 lb/week and started doing much more weights (still some cardio, but it's more like half and half now).

Already I am seeing a HUGE difference! I haven't weighed in yet (that's Fridays) but just in looking at myself in the mirror, I'm seeing more tone...I also am less grumpy and have more energy now that I'm eating more...

Good call to those of you that suggested I adjust this setting for my calories. It's made all the difference! This chick is lookin' good!

Replies

• NoMoreJellyRolls
    Options
    Great job
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Everyone is always in a hurry. But, this should be a lifestyle change, so there's no hurry. Just settle and you'll get there.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Everyone is always in a hurry. But, this should be a lifestyle change, so there's no hurry. Just settle and you'll get there.

Well I did the 1 lb/week at first because it said "recommended"...but everyone was telling me since I had so little to lose (just over 5 lbs) I should change the setting. I was so hungry and grouchy that my husband was kinda bumming out LoL...much better now. And I have more energy too!

I didn't want to buy into it at first and it was a struggle to eat more than I had been eating but....it seems to be working. Also started aiming to do more protein and less of the other macros. Still eat some carbs, but I've been going over only on protein and fiber for the last five days or so. Feels good! :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    excellent news!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy, I say.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have just done the same after noticing a loss last week after eating more than usual. Until then I had been in a plateau. I have been doing a lot of research and realised by TDEE is really high and I am not eating anywhere near close to it. It explains my headaches, diziness and general tired feeling.
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This post has put my mind at rest as this sounds like just what I have to do.

I thought I already ate loads but have been told that its still not enough.

Planning on starting next week to make another lifestyle change.

Looking forward to finally seeing some changes :)
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Can anyone with a little bit of time tell me why on Earth am I loosing so little? Should I increase my calories as well? Sorry if this sounds obvious/silly/stupid, but I'm a total noob and I honestly don't know any better... :(

It will be greatly appreciated...
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged on Friday if the number on the scale has not changed. Lifting plus the added calories and protein will get you the body that you imagine, but probably not the number on the scale that you hope for. Your body will be leaner, tighter, and you will fit into a smaller size, but the number on the scale may not move by much, if any at all.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    The same thing happened to me! I increased my calories and started seeing a difference again. :) I originally had mine set to under 1300/day, which was definitely too low since I'm tall and only had several lbs to lose. I'm much happier now lol.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    So before I had my settings to lose 1 lb/week and I was working out like a maniac (lots of Cardio)...

Since last Friday I changed my settings to 1/2 lb/week and started doing much more weights (still some cardio, but it's more like half and half now).

Already I am seeing a HUGE difference! I haven't weighed in yet (that's Fridays) but just in looking at myself in the mirror, I'm seeing more tone...I also am less grumpy and have more energy now that I'm eating more...

Good call to those of you that suggested I adjust this setting for my calories. It's made all the difference! This chick is lookin' good!
    the best part is that you've learned what your body needs. You can manipulate your calories now much easier because you know what it takes. Great job
  • lovinlandl
    lovinlandl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I have also just done this two weeks ago! I'm down to my lowest weight this week! :D

Great work! :)
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged on Friday if the number on the scale has not changed. Lifting plus the added calories and protein will get you the body that you imagine, but probably not the number on the scale that you hope for. Your body will be leaner, tighter, and you will fit into a smaller size, but the number on the scale may not move by much, if any at all.

Thank you for this bit of info!
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Thank you for this bit of info!

Well and I never set too much store by the scale-I look more at how my clothes fit and how my tone is. My arms and abs already look better-granted I started doing more weights focusing in those areas...also with eating more protein and less carbs, I'm definitely seeing a difference. Feels so much better. I did feel sluggish at first when I increased just because I was used to operating on so little....but my muscle tone was just not there. I was soft for lack of a better word. My husband has even noticed the difference. It feels great.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Blasphemy, I say.

I guess it's not for everyone. I just learned I need to fuel the machine.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I asked my trainer about increasing my calories for the same reasons and instead he told me to cut back to 1000! I'm mortified & my bf says I shouldn't do it. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. Patience is a virtue I haven't attained yet!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I asked my trainer about increasing my calories for the same reasons and instead he told me to cut back to 1000! I'm mortified & my bf says I shouldn't do it. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon. Patience is a virtue I haven't attained yet!

NNnnoooooo. Worst case, stay where you are. NOBODY should be on a 1,000 kcal/day diet!