Guys

Options
Hello Guys (and lovely gals!)

Hope you are all well. I just passed the 3stone mark after 4 months of hard work and MFP. Never felt better, people are being really lovely at work and my family can't believe it, it all helps motivate me to go further.

I still have small moobs and a little belly, I'm just 6'0 and have gone from 108kg to 88kg on around 1500 calories a day and the gym for 1 hour 6 days a week (gym includes classes as well, I love pump and combat).

I love everyone sharing their pics on the community, but it seems to be mostly women, any guys from a similar build have any pics they can show me, would love to think I can get rid of this belly, but seems to be intent on staying!! And the motivation would really help!

I think I might have some I can dig out later (probably with clothes!) that I will try and post when I get home.

JJ

Found the pics hope this works...

Before
Before.jpg

After
f9d6c20e.jpg

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! 3 stone in 4 months is a good loss! :) You burn an amazing amount of calories, WTG! Keep up the great work! :)
  • BubbaLax
    BubbaLax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
  • Macrocarpa
    Macrocarpa Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have a similar journey to yours, started a bit higher at 113kg and am currently floating around 81kg after 11 months. Also just on 6'. At work at the moment so can't share pics but will try and get some up later on.

My ultimate weight started at 90, then went to 85, now it's 78 because I still have a spare tyre and a pot belly. However down around the 84-82 mark the fat loss from the belly became noticeable, a 100-300g loss is nearly visible. It's much, much harder to lose though - I usually have to stack 2-3 days of calorie deficits beyond a 1200 calorie diet then follow at 1200 calories for the remainder of the week in order to get a real sustainable loss. This is achieved through long, intense cardio and doubling up on sessions where you can (ie walk to the gym / work out / walk home = massive burn).

If you're like me then getting from 88 down to 82/83 will probably take as long as getting from 108 to 88; you will notice big changes across most of your body...but not a lot visually happens around the torso.

Multiple people have suggested switching / transitioning to weight training which converts fat into muscle, and can buff up the visible muscles so you don't focus on the curves / fat. Others have suggested trying intermittent fasting but this is incompatible with my family lifestyle - hard enough getting a toddler to eat at regular hours without explaining Daddy isn't going to be eating breakfast till 6pm.
  • jaimiefj
    jaimiefj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @macrocarpa. Thanks mate, it's nice to hear some honesty and to prepare me for what lies ahead. I'm not afraid of some hard work so I am going to try and smash it, and see how far I can get. That's all we can do though isn't it!! Or I'd give up and pop myself over to MaccyD's right now :-)

PS - some pics would be great, if the next 5kg are as hard as you say, I need as much motivation as I can get!!
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Been trying to find some comparable guys pics too but it does seem to be mostly women .. which is fine too. :glasses:
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I got down to 108.8kg for the pic on the right from 139 kg at the start of the year.

I don't know what the ultimate target is but losing 40kg this year would be a good start. I went back up to 110.4 kg last week, injured my foot and was told to stop running, went to the pub too much and had a few takeaways.

25dec9sep.jpg

14 weeks until Christmas so 0.8 kg a week would get me down to 99kg which I thing is doable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!