Pizza help!?

Options
ktidman
ktidman Posts: 6 Member
I have been craving pizza like crazy lately, I was wondering if anyone had healthy pizza recipes? Or if anyone had any good/healthy stir fry recipes? I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• christina101
    Options
    make pizza on half a wholemeal pitta bread, with low fat mozzerella. It is really low cal but totally satisfies my pizza cravings! Eat it with a huge salad and it is super healthy!
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I just bought a wheat pizza crust and put sauce and cheese on it. My daughter had a blast making it and it tasted great. It takes less than ten minutes to cook. The brand was beritoli or soemthing like that. BTW the crust was already cooked.
  • javengreen
    javengreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For an easy stir fry, I saute some chicken with a teaspoon of oil. Take it out of the pan and then add in garlic and ginger and a whole bunch of frozen veggies. Dump everything on a plate and the sprinkle with reduced sodium soy sauce and sesame oil. The sesame oil really gives it something delicious... but be sparing!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I make mine on an Italian Flatbread or just right on portobellos (instead of pita or English muffins). I use Ragu Pizza Sauce and Kraft Fat Free Mozz., and it's SO good. And Hormel's turkey pepperoni goes so far that I use 7 slices (instead of the serving size of 7) and that makes it feel like I'm being really bad, when I'm not at all!

Good luck :)
  • javengreen
    javengreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh! And an easy pizza. Take a whole wheat (not corn) tortilla, slap some sauce and an appropriate amount of cheese and load up with veggies. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. It's a great way to cut down on the calories in the bread and small tortillas help with portion control. If you like thin crispy pizza, this is SO good.
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    from the Biggest looser family cook book :

Thin and crispy gourmet hula pizza

-1 (about 8") low-fat, whole weat flour tortilla
    -2 tbs traditional bbq sauce (7g carbs or less per 2 tbs)
    -3/4 oz goat cheeze crumble
    -3tbs drained canned diced pineapple
    -1 1/2 tsp or more of chopped cilantro

bake the tortilla @ 400deg for 2-3 min until crispy, top evenly with the sauce anf then the other ingredients
    bake for 2-4 min more and enjoy!

Makes 1 serving

217 calories, 7g proteins, 35g carbs, 7g fat (3g saturated), 10 mg colesterol, 2g fiber, 484 mg sodium

ENJOY!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    HOMEMADE SUPREMELY AWESOME PIZZA

You can either buy your crust, or make this low sodium one I found:
    2 t Active dry yeast
    3 1/2 c Bread Flour
    1 1/2 c Water
    2 t Honey
    2 T Olive Oil

Place ingredients in bread machine in order specified by manufacturer and process on dough cycle. Turn out the dough onto a floured board. At this point you may form the pizzas, or refrigerate the dough for several hours, well wrapped in plastic so it won't dry out. (Although a refrigerator rest is not necessary, it makes the dough easier to handle.) Makes enough dough for two 12-inch pizzas, or two 10-inch thick-crust pizzas. Bake at 400 degrees until lightly browned around the edges. Top as desired and return to oven until cheese is melted and crust browned, about 15 minutes total.

If you choose to buy a pre-made crust, proceed with the following recipe:

1 Mama Mary's Thin & Crispy Crust (got ours at walmart), or use the crust recipe above
    1 red bell pepper
    1 green bell pepper
    1 can sliced, pitted olives, rinsed
    1 sweet onion
    2 Tomatoes
    1 Can Pizza Sauce (also got from Walmart, check labels for lowest sodium one!)
    1 pack fresh sliced mushrooms (available in produce dept)
    1 bag shredded cheese (also check sodium-- tillamook seems to be the best)
    1 can pineapple
    (You can also add your chicken)

Lay crust on baking sheet. Sauce lightly. Measure 1 cup cheese & sprinkle. Pile up all the yummy things! Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top. Bake as directed on crust package.

Prep time for premade crust: 5 mins
    Calorie damage: 700 cals for HALF the pizza! ZOW! Amazing, right? The sodium on this one is a little high, but a real treat. You won't want to get take out again (we sure don't!)
    The low sodium crust is higher in cals, but has 25% less sodium.
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i have tried numerous "healthy" versions of pizza but i still wanted the real deal. i now go to my favorite pizza place occasionally and get one slice of the pizza with spinach and mushrooms, it is a thin crust and i pat it down with a napkin to remove any further oil. i enjoy this much more than my feeble attempts at pizza.
  • mbrownks77
    Options
    I order a thin crust veggie lovers from pizza hut. 2 slices is really not that bad. Just make sure it's only every once in awhile.
  • jess1304
    Options
    I like those frozen mini pizzas from lean gourmet and lean cuizine. They're only about 300 calories, however the sodium levels are kind of high but they are sooo worth it!
  • mel_istheshit
    Options
    I find that if I'm craving pizza I need actual pizza... making it on tortilla's or pitas doesn't really work for me. I like to make my crust out of bisquick heart smart. With a little part-skim mozzarella and a lot of veggies it's really not too bad if you watch how much you eat. This nutritional info is from 1/4 of the recipe for the crust (and I always cut it so the pizza makes 12 slices to trick myself into thinking I get 3 slices). We always have pizza with a big leafy salad with homemade balsamic vinagrette.

Ingredients
    2 cups bisquick heart smart
    2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 cup water (not 100% sure on this... I'd start with 1/4 and add until it's a dough consistency)
    1 tbsp italian seasoning

Mix until combined. Knead 8-10 times on a floured surface and roll out onto pizza stone. I usually bake the crust for about 10 minutes before topping then bake it for another 10-15 until the cheese is bubbly, but that's really a personal preference. You can also omit the oil to make it healthier, but I think it really does something for the crust.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 100 g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 280Calories from Fat 104
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 11.5g18%
    Saturated Fat 1.1g5%
    Cholesterol 2mg1%
    Sodium 647mg27%
    Total Carbohydrates 40.9g14%
    Dietary Fiber 1.5g6%
    Sugars 4.8g
    Protein 4.5g

Vitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 23% • Iron 12%

Nutrition Grade C+
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

I'm also a huge fan of pappa murphy's delight pizza's. They are thin crust and they have the best salads!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I also make 'pizza' on top of wraps. I like the whole weight weight watchers ones. I can eat two for a decent total of calories etc with part skim mozza cheese, mushrooms, peppers and olives ... I'm not a huge meat eater so i can give up the pepporoni!