Diary check please?

Options
Hi, i'm only on my third day and to be quite frank some of the posts on these message boards are scaring me...I can't decide if I am doing this properly or not? Can someone check my food diaries there is only 3 as its only my third day. Today's one isnt finished, no doubt i'll be snacking on fruit etc.
Surely we just listen to our bodies if we are hungry or not?

Thanks in advance
Coll x

Replies

• Lazytoad2001
    Lazytoad2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi

Looks like your diary is open to friends only, so dont think we can.

K x
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open. Sorry.
  • coll05
    coll05 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just changed it!
    Lol can't believe i'm nervous to what people are going to say! haha silly i know!

x
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Hi I think of course you should listen to your body,tell it yes for good clean food and no to too much rubbish a bit of exercise and rest,if you dont eat enough you will be miserable ,eat too much and you will gain more weight! Have a look at some nice simple recipes and get into a bit of simple cooking if you dont do so already,and get a heart rate monitor its great fun watching what calories you burn during exercise,aim for a lifestyle change not a fad diet and dont put time limits on loosing weight either you feel you are failing if it dosnt happen fast enough ! enjoy your food!
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am no expert but...

You need to eat all your calories or you will go into starvation mode.
    Drink a lot more water,
    Less processed foods.
    Add sodium to your diary. You need to keep it in check as excessive sodium leads to water retention.

You seem to like your bread for brekkies, try oatmeal instead, healthy, makes you feel full and low GI.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • firedupfriend
    Options
    Oh, and get a good nights sleep!!!!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit and veggies. Drink more water. I only see one cup of tea logged and 2 'glasses' of water. What else do you drink all day?
  • coll05
    Options
    I definitely couldn't drink much more water when they say cups I mean pints lol. So I'm having at least 6 pints a day. I do cook just find it difficult sometimes with work and my partner. We try and make a point of eating together, my meals in the evening are always something with potatoes and vegetables.

x
  • coll05
    Options
    is there a way of changing my cups to pints then?
  • coll05
    Options
    Oh, and get a good nights sleep!!!!!

haha can we log that? because you would all think i'm lazy with at least 8-9 hours a night. hehe...love my sleep.
    x
  • firedupfriend
    Options

Lots of view on what a cup is.....generally between 200 to 250ml.

Check google ... a US pint is about 473ml.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

No there isn't - I just make 'cups' mean whatever I want to me. So I measure my water in pints too.

If you're drinking 6 pints of water, thats good :) so log it!
    If you're eating veggies etc then log them, it'll help you get a more complete picture of everything that goes in your mouth.
    Have an apple or banana as a mid morning or mid afternoon snack. Or a low fat/low sugar yogurt.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try and eat most/all of your calories and dink, drink, drink! Eat as clean as you can and keep moving!!
  • coll05
    Options
    I'm not really an exercise person so at the moment i'm just thinking every little helps! Then will progress...Ok so more fruit and veg to bulk out my calories... def can't drink more than 6-8 pints. Makes me feel like I am drowing! :noway:

Thanks for you :flowerforyou: help!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm not really an exercise person so at the moment i'm just thinking every little helps! Then will progress...Ok so more fruit and veg to bulk out my calories... def can't drink more than 6-8 pints. Makes me feel like I am drowing! :noway:

Thanks for you :flowerforyou: help!

I don't do much exercise, and as for water I count 1 cup as half a pint, it's not too far off 250ml in a cup- 284ml in half a pint. Everyone does this differently but you look like you have made a good start. If you choose to track sodium please note in the UK entries people seem to have added a lot of items with the sodium in grams as it is on the packets but MFP count's mg's so 0.5 grams on the packet would be 500mg on MFP. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! You've probably read that MFP keeps the % for protein quite low so it would be ok to go higher if you desire. Protein is needed for muscle repair and growth and protein will help you to feel physically satisfied longer Keep up the great work and Good luck!
  • coll05
    Options
    You are doing great! You've probably read that MFP keeps the % for protein quite low so it would be ok to go higher if you desire. Protein is needed for muscle repair and growth and protein will help you to feel physically satisfied longer Keep up the great work and Good luck!

Thank you!! I feel better now not knowing the last three days have been a waste!

Xx
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey hun,

I've had a look too, and I think you're doing really well! I would agree about being careful about how much salt you have, I can see you like your cheeky snacks (same as me!) but you are drinking TONNES of water so should be enough to deal with it. A 'cup' on here is 250ml so you're definitely having plenty.
    I'd actually advise against what some have said about more fruit, you have a fair bit already and it can be a sneaky one when it comes to sugar, even though it's natural. Vegetables are much better and you can't really have too many of those.

Also, at the risk of getting trolled, I'd take some things said on here with a pinch of salt (excuse the pun!) Some people have very set ideas about 'clean eating' and other things, which are fine if you subscribe to that way of thinking, but isn't for everyone and if you're eating sensibly and are under your calorie goal then you're on the right path for success.

Good luck!
    Lydia x
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I log a pint of water as 2 cups. So for example i try and drink at least 4 pints a day so i'd log that as 8 cups.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Googling it-

1 pint = 16 US ounces
    1 imperial pint = 19 US ounces

8 ounces = 1 cup.

64 ounces daily is the MFP recommendation.