I built a tool to *kitten* your health.

Options
OK so it's still a work VERY MUCH in progress. It's ugly as sin, and I have only tested it against Internet Explorer and Google chrome.

but it works decently so far. Basically it takes a bunch of numbers for a person, mashes em all together based on a heck of a lot of research I've done, weights them based on their importance (generally accepted health importance), your age, and your sex, and pops a number out. This number is a decent guide to where you are health wise. It's more accurate than any one number (I.E. weight, BMI, body fat...etc) because it takes into account many different body health characteristics. You don't have to enter all the numbers in, if you don't know one leave it blank, but the more you know, the more accurate the number will be. Any numbers it doesn't know it will assume the average for your age and sex (thus, less accuracy).

Anyway, feel free to try it out. Log in if you like, go crazy, and email me if you find any bugs.

Oh, and by the way, you can only track your results per day, if you add more than one result set for any one day, it will replace the old set (because really, what good is tracking intra-day health results?)

Anyway, here's the site, have fun

http://healthcalc.harehome.org

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Schnazzy. It put me at a higher level than I was expecting.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Very cool, I'll recommend it.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Very cool!! :bigsmile:
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is great! Went to the site and noticed the question...What is your VO2 Max? What is that? I was able to answer all the others, but not that one. Thanks for the investment you put in creating this and sharing it with all of us. It really is great!

223713.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I was quite a bit higher than I thought I'd be! One question, what is VO2 max? Is that how well your body uses oxygen? How would I go about finding this out? Ok, so that was 3 questions. Sorry!

Great tool!:flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Woohoo! I'm happy with a 9 :wink:
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Average health! I was expecting poor! Hopefully I'll be good health soon! :wink:

Great tool, thanks! :happy:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I came out as a 10 which has cheered me up slightly after a rubbish weightloss week! All this exercise must be doing something! My resting heart rate is much lower since before I started this.

E
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Very nice tool - doesn't help that I came out better than I thought... LOL... Thank you!
  • mamagettinfit
    mamagettinfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sweet...like other peopleeit put me higher than I thought. No complaints here. :) I also would like to know what the V2O (I think that's what it was...) is. Cool site! Thanks!!
  • Rebecca__Lynn
    Options
    hmmmmm I'm headed that way now...should be interesting!!
  • Melissa_123
    Options
    bump
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    Very nice!!

May i suggest....it would be nice to add links for explanation or calculator for BMI, VO2 max, how to properly mesure yourself....

excellent tool!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    wow, that's some great response.

To answer the VO2 question,

VO2 Max is a measure of (to put it in layman's terms) how efficient your body uses the oxygen in your blood. It's a measure of how strong your cardiovascular health is. There are many ways to find your VO2 Max, some more accurate than others, but if you google it, there are a few submaximal walking and bike tests you can take. Any trainer can do it for you. Or you can have it done at a lab (far more accurately).
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I plan to continue using this tool throughout my journey.

Thanks so much!
  • noxma
    noxma Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great tool, thanks!
    (Works with Safari too.)
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Thanks Banks... I scored better than expected, although I am still adjusting the the new me that is emerging :laugh:

Question for you though, in your discaimer you say that "This number assumes you have no pre-existing medical conditions such as metabolic syndrome, thyroid conditions, or diabetes; it also assumes no cardiovascular or musculoskeletal problems such as high cholesterol, arterial plaque, or osteoporosis as examples. "

How would Hypythyroid effect this number?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I like the Good Heath that I got.! yeah! Just need to tone it all up!