Tacos

Options
I am going over to my inlaws for dinner tonight, and we are having tacos. I am truely at a loss as to how I am going to figure out how many cals and all the other nutritional values are going to be, as I am not the one cooking. Does anyone have any tips?

I can offer some assumptions and one certainty for the dinner

CERTANTY:
Lean ground Turkey - not ground beef
Romaine Lettuce (cuz that is what I am bringing)
No Name 1% Sour Cream (again what I am bringing)

Uncertain:
How to calculate the amount of ground turkey/old Elpaso taco seasoning mix ratio I will be consuming. Because she is cooking for several people as opposed to measuring out the serving size of 1/6th of the seasoning mix. Does this make sense?

I want to try and stay acurate when I go to log this information later tonight.

HELP!!!

Replies

• femalearcher
    Options
    Dont know if this is any help but, i happen to have that seasoning and its 15cal per serving (2 tsp, makes 2 tacos). I cant imagine you can mess up too bad with such a low cal content. As for the turkey, i would just kinda measure out about how much your putting on your tacos. Sometimes you just cant be perfect with the calculations, i wouldnt beat yourself up over it....I can appreciate your wanting to get it as close as you can though. I hope i was of some sort of help.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You could take a measuring cup and measure out the amount of meat you put in your tacos. Sounds kind of funny, but that's what I did to get an accurate measure for my ground turkey. Maybe ask how many packets she used for seasoning and divide it by the number of people eating. Chances are what you are estimating will be a little over (I'm assuming guys always eat more than girls) so then you're better safe than sorry! That's just what I would do! Good luck and enjoy! Mmmm I love tacos!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think tacos are pretty darn healthy if you load them up with veggies, and not so much meat & cheese. Relax and enjoy your time together with family!
    Heck, why not just take 1 taco shell, smash it up on a plate, pile on a buttload of lettuce, tomatoes, etc, then a little bit of meat and maybe some cheese? Then you really don't have to worry too much about it, since it's mostly veg, very little starch, and just a little protein :)
  • femalearcher
    Options
    Ha! I like way you think!!