Inches but not pounds??

Is it possible to loose inches in my waist but not be dropping in pounds?

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Looking at your profile I'd say you need to replace fat with muscle. You maybe at a good "weight" but with a high BMI. Are you able to do any weight training - has your injury healed? If you work on building muscles, your "waist" fat will start to disappear and your weight can stay constant. There are some groups that focus on bodybuilding - take a look at joining them.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Absolutely. You're changing your body composition, the weight will catch up eventually.

2 weeks ago I lost "nothing" except 4" off various parts of my body. Inches show much more than pounds!:smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    It's not only possible, but to me, it's preferable. I'll take inches over pounds any day. Scale weight means nothing. Inches of fat melting off my body is my goal.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Looking at your profile I'd say you need to replace fat with muscle. You maybe at a good "weight" but with a high BMI.
    Lol what? Are you thinking of body fat percentage, maybe? BMI is based on nothing but height and weight.
  • mensasu
    Looking at your profile I'd say you need to replace fat with muscle. You maybe at a good "weight" but with a high BMI.
    Lol what? Are you thinking of body fat percentage, maybe? BMI is based on nothing but height and weight.

Some BMI calculations (like the one I use) do take waist size into account - so it depends - it is body fat percentage that I mean.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    I am right now. I've been stuck between 165-170 now for about a month and gone from size 16 pants to 12. I'm frustrated with the scale but hey, I like smaller clothes waaaaaay more!!
  • Unfortunately I cant do any lifting over 10 lbs until my core is stronger so I have been focusing on cardio. I do start a cycling class this evening which I am very excited about.

All my weight seems to go directly to my stomach area so any advice on how to get the inches, pounds, whatever off of the stomach is much appreciated. If one more person asks me if I'm pregos when I'm wearing a dress I will scream!
  • mensasu
    There are sooooo many different opinions in the threads about which diet, which exercise etc to use. I will list some things you can look at but you will have to make your own decision on what will work for you.

1) You could be wheat bloated. (See http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/)
    2) You could try paleo/primal - its seems a conflict with your cholesterol problem but its not (See http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-did-my-cholesterol-go-up-after-going-primal/#axzz26GasVZOB)
    3) Look up Visceral Fat/Belly Fat - there are many articles on how to get rid of this and most say aerobic exercise is best

Good Luck
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Unfortunately I cant do any lifting over 10 lbs until my core is stronger so I have been focusing on cardio. I do start a cycling class this evening which I am very excited about.

All my weight seems to go directly to my stomach area so any advice on how to get the inches, pounds, whatever off of the stomach is much appreciated. If one more person asks me if I'm pregos when I'm wearing a dress I will scream!

Unfortunately there is no way to get fat off of a particular area. Your body will take it from wherever it wants to take it from.
  • Thanks so much for the advice all!!