Sabotage!

Options
2»

Replies

• cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Eat before you go! Then just have a bit of veg, to be nice. Drink water and talk story. No one will notice. ;P

^this
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    And eat really slowly, sipping water as much as poss. Try to leave some, say that you're stuffed to the gunnels . Talk a lot during the meal! Can't have a mouthful for that!
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    their is a place here in milwaukee that has whole wheat garlic naan and it is the best naan i've ever had! plus it's whole wheat and they break it into smaller pieces so everyone can share it instead of just one person stuffing their face with it. pick plain tea or water over soda or beer. soup is always a good option. pick one with a broth or tomato base instead of cream. don't be afraid to take leftovers home! you don't have to finish everything on your plate. you'll save calories and have an extra meal or two.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Oooh yum - I love an Indian!

My top tips are to go for plain rice or a roti or chapati flatbread. Daal is a great option as are some of the other vegetable dishes. Some curry houses also do dry cooked vegetable dishes which would be less calories that the 'saucy' ones!

Also remember to limit your portion sizes and sometimes it's better to play safe when eating out and remember you can make up food by eating your 'normal' stuff tomorrow.

Have a good time and enjoy yourself. Being on MFP doesn't mean you have to give up your social life. xx
  • cwinottawa
    cwinottawa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would go for chapatis, which are cooked without fat and are whole wheat, and take all other dishes in small quantities. Watch out for ghee laden sauces, and deep fried apps. Saag paneer is a favourite of mine, and any chick pea or dall dish.

Good luck!
  • cline7310
    cline7310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I DON'T EAT INDIAN FOOD, BUT WHAT I USUALLY DO IF MY IN LAWS HAVE US OVER I USUALLY TAKE LIKE A SUBSTITUE SIDE, SO IF THEY ARE HAVING POTATOES I TAKE BROWN RICE, IT MAKES IT LESS CALORIES FOR ME AND THEY KNOW I AM ON A DIET SO THEY UNDERSTAND!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION!!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I DON'T EAT INDIAN FOOD, BUT WHAT I USUALLY DO IF MY IN LAWS HAVE US OVER I USUALLY TAKE LIKE A SUBSTITUE SIDE, SO IF THEY ARE HAVING POTATOES I TAKE BROWN RICE, IT MAKES IT LESS CALORIES FOR ME AND THEY KNOW I AM ON A DIET SO THEY UNDERSTAND!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION!!

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest drinking more water and saving up a few calories for it today and adding in a workout. Enjoy the dinner though!

I think this is great advice...Save up for it, maybe take a nice long walk sometime today too...Then you can go out tonight and eat healthy of course but enjoy yourself knowing that you deserve a nice night out. Just have fun and enjoy!! :flowerforyou:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I joined MFP on Monday, diet going great so far, but my in-laws are having a takeaway night tonight for my father in laws birthday, and I dont want it to spoil my diet, but I have no choice but to go :( I would rather not, but I think if I want to be married tomorrow, I should go!

Can anyone recommend anything that may be less bad for me and a "healthier" option? We're getting an indian, and I am veggie. Would rice/naan/flatbread be better? I just have no idea :-/

Any ideas/thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Simini77
    When eating out, If I am really concerned about staying on my diet, I pre-eat...
    So I would suggest taking a protein drink before-hand, just to help reduce the amount you'll eat when you are out. Perhaps also a piece of fruit, or serving of fiber.
    Enjoy your time!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your night out, eat what you want, just remember portion control.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    it's one meal, of one day, in one week, of one month, of one year, that happens in your ONE lifetime. it won't kill you, or completely ruin your efforts.

go, enjoy the meal and the company, it's all balance out in the end.
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your brilliant advice - I am going to do with dahl, some rice, maybe a poppadom and drink lots of water! I had a walk in my lunch hour, so have some spare calories, and you are all so right, this is just one day, and I will choose wisely and enjoy :)

Thank you! xxx
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    lmao I love that THIS is how you found me....
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    lmao I love that THIS is how you found me....

The Simpsons pic gave you away before I even looked at your profile.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    Thank you all for your brilliant advice - I am going to do with dahl, some rice, maybe a poppadom and drink lots of water! I had a walk in my lunch hour, so have some spare calories, and you are all so right, this is just one day, and I will choose wisely and enjoy :)

Thank you! xxx

Inspired by this thread I had a masala dosa, sambar vada and prawn 65. I'm stuffed and extremely happy this evening, and only 49 calories over my planned calorie intake for the day. Hoorah!
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Thank you! xxx

Inspired by this thread I had a masala dosa, sambar vada and prawn 65. I'm stuffed and extremely happy this evening, and only 49 calories over my planned calorie intake for the day. Hoorah!