Food Inc.

Options
Has anyone seen this documentary? I urge you to rent/download it from Netflix orAmazon.com. It really is amazing what we consume and how/where it is being produced. Eye opening to say the least!

Replies

• ashanley1
    ashanley1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Read (or listen to) the Omnivore's Dilemma as well. It has changed how I look at food completely.
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I watched Food Inc a month ago, that and Supersize Me. In the same night. Needless to say, I started my healthier lifestyle the very next day. Eye openers, indeed. :drinker:
  • kzabtado
    kzabtado Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Watched it last night. Was very disturbed by what I saw. I, too, need to make some changes. Wish it were a little bit easier and a little bit cheaper, but will still make some changes.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I just saw it the other night and was shocked at what I saw. I loved the ending though. It was empowering how it pointed out that we consumers might think we don't have power-but we do. What we buy is our vote!!

I am sick and tired of companies taking advantage of people's trust. I refuse to buy the fake food out there that masquerades as the real stuff.

So, lately, I've been only buying stuff as fresh as possible, and the least amount, if any preservatives, Like the author said, if your kids can't pronounce it, don't buy it.

I feel so much better already. It's amazing how being aware of what we put into our bodies affects us.