Help! I am a snacker!

Options
Ok so far I have been doing really good but I work in a call center and unfortunately I am a snacker. I sit here all day and something triggers my brain to just snack on stuff. I’ve been doing good with bringing in fruit since that is my favorite but at the same time I have a desk full of candy and not to mention there is a wonderful lady at my job that constantly brings in these amazing cookies, cakes, candy and anything else awesome that you can think of. As you can tell I have a sweet tooth. A really bad one. What I can I eat that is sweet but healthy at the same time that will satisfy my sweet tooth but I can work on my weight as well? Oh and it has to be inexpensive.

Replies

• mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Banana and yogurt! 200 calorie snack, sweet and cheap.
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a snacker too. Most people would advise going cold turkey on sweet stuff to let the cravings disappear. This probably is best, however, I personally find this impossible! I snack on either marshmallows or mini meringue nests (not the full size ones, just the tiny bitesized ones!) to satisfy my sweet tooth. A word to the wise though - take a couple into work with you and that's all, then that's all you can have!

Hope that helps.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You could bring a box of raisins, trail mix, nuts, raw veggies - baby carrots are pretty sweet, dry cereal, etc. There are a lot of ideas that won't derail your progress. Best of luck!
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i used to snack like crazy, to the point that i thought that it's not normal. so I started analyzing and trying to understand what triggers my snacking. Well surprise surprise! I figured out that wheat is my enemy. One bite of bread, and boom- snacking out of control. Look it up, there is alot of material about how wheat is just as addictive as opiates. It's been 3 days since i havent had bread, and I been eating clean like no other. AND I dont even crave snacks anymore! I'd highly advise to look into it if you think this might be the case. Especially if you have "fogginess" during and after snacking.
  • Inittolozeit
    Inittolozeit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All of these are great tips! What works for me is chewing gum or popping in a piece of sugar free hard candy
  • missashtgo
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I will try a few of those things. I guess my biggest problem is when I get bored I eat.................
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Green tea and coffee help me.....baby carrots and hummus, mini cucumbers cut up into strips or slices like chips and a light artichoke and asiago dip, greek yogurt with bran buds (crunchy and very filling!), low calorie crackers with laughing cow cheese, apple slices with peanut butter....I'm a snacker too!! :)