Wii ---

Options
So.. has anyone found that the "scale" on wii isn't matching up with your normal scale at home? mine is like 10lbs off or so.... of course it's for the better, but I don't want to cheat myself... maybe i need to go and weigh somewhere else just to make sure that my scale is right!! lol :)

Replies

• embr
    embr Posts: 21
    Options
    i've found this too, mine told me i'd put on 19lbs in a single day last week! i use my normal scale and ignore my wii often! even on the days it's for the better i still think it's pretty unreliable!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Yes mine is off...I figure that the surface isn't the best (carpet in my living room) and it probably isn't a "precision instrument". I wouldn't worry about it too much. :ohwell:
  • holly122677
    Options
    Mine is 4 lbs off my normal scale.....I think its my carpet also.
  • kwithcmt
    Options
    It's because your board isn't on a flat surface. Carpet isn't the most friendly to balance techniques anyway. We use sanded ply wood or a cutting board underneath it since our T.V.s are in rooms with heavy carpeting. Sure, it's a little sad for our weights to go up, but it fixes the problem!
  • sslandy
    sslandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If the weight reading goes up without a valid reason (i.e. you've been exercising and eating right), replace the batteries.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My wii is dead on - but I have hard wood floors, and my scale is on hard wood flooring too.
  • princessbrandy
    Options
    I have the same problem. it was very disappointing when I found this out. I thought Gee I have lost weight but it did'nt feel like it. Then I discovered the bad news. What I did was I weighed myself at Publix. Good luck with everything!
    Your friend,
    Brandy ( and supporter)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    My scale is only 1 lb lower than my home scale. When you get on your wii board, make sure it is on a firm, even surface. Carpet can throw your weigh in off quite a bit. Also make sure your batteries are still strong.
  • sven254
    sven254 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome goals!

Keep up the good work.
  • hateras
    hateras Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For Wii users that have carpet... I found out from my son that the board comes with 4 extra bases, or legs, that are to be used for carpet. You put these over the bases, or legs that are already there. .... Once I did that then the Wii was more accurate with the weight.. I actually use my Wii over my scale since I have had issues with my scale.....
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Wow, thanks for the tip. I was just assuming the thing was accurate. And I do not have another scale. Maybe I will just have to get one!