2.5 Dunkin Donuts

Options
I had 2.5 donuts...I know WHAT WAS I THINKING??? Anyways it is 865 calories but is it ok since I ran 2.5 miles today?

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Anything is okay. If you have the calories available for it, that's even better. But going over your calories will not ruin your weight loss. The calories given to you are to lose weight. You can go over them (as long as it's not by too much) and still maintain.

And, even if you go over your maintenance calories, it's okay, once in a while. Just don't make it a habit.

I have no idea how many calories you burned running 2.5 miles, but it wasn't 865. So the run doesn't completely make up for the donuts, if that is what you are asking.
  • oldsalty1
    Options
    If I was near DD I would probably eat a dozen...having that kind of day!! If you take another 2.5 run..you will be close to burning them off...tit for tat...don't sweat it...just don't do it every day!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Depends on how you look at it, I suppose. 865 calories with no nutritional benefit might fit into your calorie and nutritional goals or it might not. Can't see anything about you as your profile is private.

2.5 miles is not enough calories burned to work off 865 calories for most people. For me, that would burn about 260 calories, leaving me with the extra 605 donut calories.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day, get back on track tomorrow

Your in for the long term right?
  • sionnain
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. I find if I feel bad about something I've done then I tend to "give up" the rest of the day and continue making bad decisions. Don't say you'll fix it tomorrow, just eat right the rest of the day!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Donuts happen... get back on track for the rest of today and then have a good day tomorrow!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    EH, it happens...jsut get back on track for the rest of the day. And now, that probably wont burn enough but, for me, If I did a full hour of ZUMBA< it would come extremely close!! :-)
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yep its a long term thing we are looking at. Slipping up now and then is perfectly normal. I purposely set Sunday to be my slip up day, or 'treat day', and I have things I want. The rest of the week I try to tow the line. One day at a time.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    2.5 Dunkin Donuts? What were you thinking? Now.... If they had been Krispy Kremes I would be more understanding.

in all seriousness, don't sweat it. If you can't enjoy a donut (or 2,5) every so often is life really worth living?
  • musicmint
    Options
    Donuts happen... get back on track for the rest of today and then have a good day tomorrow!

LOL donuts happen....thats funny!!
  • sherwinnelson
    sherwinnelson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You sound perfectly normal. It happened. Get back on track. If this happens daily....then we need to have an intervention.