MFP friends moving on

Options
i just reached the milestone of logging for 200 days, but on my board, i see notifications of all my friends who haven't logged in in 3 days, a week, a month or more...it's a real bummer!

I miss the friends I began this journey with, but many have lost their motivation, met their goals and moved on, or just have disappeared. Is anyone else in this situation?

If anyone would like another longtime, committed MFP friend (especially if you're vegetarian!), let's talk! I'm hoping to be here for a long time to come & would love to be friends with others who have been here awhile and feel the same way.

Replies

• finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I should add, I only want to add friends who have open diaries & prioritize healthy eating!
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    you can add me if you want. i am on here every day. i think so far i'm up to 125 days in a row, something like that. and counting. i'm trying to watch my calories. i think i'm a good friend to have on here. i like motivating people, and its nice to have some one to give me the kick in the butt i need sometimes to stay on track.
  • finchest
    Options
    just added you! congrats on 125 days & looking forward to motivating each other!
  • finchest
    Options
    Just bumping this up for anyone else in the same position --
  • finchest
    Options
    nudging this one last time!
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Using mfp everyday , just started couple weeks ago , love the app cant see myself leaving it even once I reach my goal . This will be the one motivational tool Ive been missing so I dont gain the weight back
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been here for about a month so I am nowhere near your achievement and I lost majority of my weighyt before joining but I still have 1.5-3 kg to go to my goal weight and I plan to stay here after to maintain. I am not vegitarian but I enjoy vegetarian diet and don't eat that much meat. I'd be glad to add you as friend.
  • Graciecny
    Options
    I suck - no healthy eating to be found with me. But I will tell you, having been on here for a little while, that friends seem to come and go on my list too. I miss seeing some of the peeps I started with posting, and I hate to see the "hasn't logged in a month" come up on the feed, but to each their own! I do wonder, though, where they are and how they're doing. I guess it's the nature of the 'net. "Friends" who you'll never meet (and, in come cases, never be sure they are who they say they are!), but you form some sort of bond with. Odd. :huh:
  • finchest
    Options
    I suck - no healthy eating to be found with me. But I will tell you, having been on here for a little while, that friends seem to come and go on my list too. I miss seeing some of the peeps I started with posting, and I hate to see the "hasn't logged in a month" come up on the feed, but to each their own! I do wonder, though, where they are and how they're doing. I guess it's the nature of the 'net. "Friends" who you'll never meet (and, in come cases, never be sure they are who they say they are!), but you form some sort of bond with. Odd. :huh:

exactly! i wonder how my friends on here are doing, too. i hope they are ok! it seems like they all got "too busy" for the site. hopefully they didn't get "too busy" to take care of themselves though :(
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. My diary is lacking solely because I stopped logging due to becoming obsessive. I am hoping to start again very soon. You're call :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are still here. Those that disappear, I leave a message on their profile page telling them to feel free to refriend me if they return. But I also check their posts to see if they have gone on vacation or have a problem where they wont be logging in for awhile before I do that.
  • reb0021
    Options
    I here you!!! I have my sisters university graduation in two months I need the motivation badly!!! ANY support or help you can give would be great and I will try to do the same. My biggest days I dont log is on the weekend. :)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've only been using MFP for a week but have always tried to eat healthy and exercise. Life happened after baby #3 and got a little worse after baby #4 but things are back to what we call "new normal" and I'm loving this site! I'm not vegetarian, red meat only on occassion, but hopefully that's ok.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Although I only joined at the middle of August, I log-on everyday and check-in with my peeps, just to make sure they're being good to themselves.

I'm on MFP for the long-haul because: I have a long way to go on this journey, even when I get to my initial "goal weight" I'll need accountability to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and I believe in encouraging others while they're on their journey to better themselves.

I try to be: a motivator, a 'cheerleader', a Mother Hen (when needed,) and a butt-kicker when someone *really* needs it. I prefer folks who have an open diary as it helps me to help them. I don't condone under-eating, unless it's doctor prescribed or due to sickness.

Mine is open because I expect others to hold me accountable, as I hold myself accountable. It's also good for encouragement or asking for recipes if something sounds/looks really yummy (but is good for you.)

I believe a sense of humor is super-important as we don't have to take ourselves too seriously, but our journeys are very much serious.

So, after all that...please add me if you'd like. Also, anyone else is welcome to add me, but please let me know in the request where you "saw" me, so it won't seem like an out-of-the-blue situation :wink:
  • finchest
    Options
    thanks for the friend requests, guys! any vegetarians or vegans out there, drop me a line!