Starting the Journey

Options
Hi All,

My name is Matt, where do I begin.... here is my history, I have always been a big guy. In high school, i was 200-220 and I'm 6 foot 1 inches tall. i was a gym rat all throughout my 20's and also an avid biker. As time went by in my 30's I was just working (computer job's in IT) and stationary most of the day, just raising the family and etc through out that time. I'm now 43 and the years have caught up with me. I am now 300 pounds and disgusted when I see my reflection. I've started doing kickboxing as my excercise which I love, but my knees are screaming, and I can feel the pain in them. I know the weight is a big contributer and am hoping losing the weight will relieve the pain. Oh, my lower back also will hurt to - isn't it just so fun being fat. I refuse to give up my kickboxing as right now it is the only thing I look forward to. I'm just hoping I can lose weight fast enough so I dont end up injuring myself and not be able to do it anymore. I've just started this site and hope that putting in my daily food intake will help me not to over eat and lose weight faster. If anyone knows any good recipies for dieting that doesn't taste like dirt, I would appreciate it. I hope everyone well in their journey!

Replies

• worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is my current favorite recipe that takes care of my cravings for chips or mozzarella sticks.. http://weelicious.com/2010/06/15/baked-zucchini-coins/

Don't be put off by the website as I found this while searching for healthy alternatives for my kiddos....turns out that we all love it, including my 'meat and potatoes' hubby.

I am always trying out new recipes for my family....it is sort of my hobby, so feel free to friend me and I will share the recipe successes!
  • TinaBasinger
    Options
    Hi, Matt! Thank you for sharing your story. Know that you've got a HUGE team of support behind you right here on MFP! Good luck on your transformation, which WILL happen!