Has anyone noticed your weight loss?

Options
I have been seriously dieting and exercising since June 25th. To date I have lost 15 lbs. Absolutely no one has said anything to me that I look like I have lost weight, that I look better. NOTHING :-( I have gone from wearing L-XL clothes down to M-L. Even my boyfriend hasn't said anything. I can even notice a difference when I look in the mirror. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? In some ways it gets me down, but in others it makes me more movitated to exercise harder, just so people will notice.

Replies

• Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. That's rough. I know we're all supposed to be doing this for ourselves and not other people, it's a personal journey, blah blah blah, but a compliment here and there can go a long way and it's easy to get discouraged when no one notices how hard you've worked. Been there. I totally get that.

A couple things to think about...

A slow, healthy weight loss isn't going to be obvious to people you see regularly. Think about it this way. A 1.5 lb loss isn't really noticeable on anyone, and if you're losing 1.5 lbs per week, and you see these people every week, you're always going to look about the same as the last time they saw you. They probably aren't thinking about how you looked 6 months ago, especially of you don't really talk about your diet and exercise.

Are you wearing new clothes that fit well, or are you still wearing your old clothes that are now too big and hide the weight loss? If you treat yourself to a new outfit that shows off your progress, I'm betting people will notice. :wink:

That said, I'll give you a huge GOOD JOB for your progress. I personally find it impossible to lose any weight over the summer so I am impressed without ever seeing any pictures. And there's always the option of posting progress pictures here if you're looking for some encouragement.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad no one noticed my weight either till I lost around 25lbs. Just keep up it up it will pay off in the end!!!!! don't lose heart.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    A lot of people are just so preoccupied and maybe don't notice or just don't say anything. I lost 22 pounds and people don't complitment you every day, so once in awhile it will come up. However went I went home to visit my family they all noticed right away. Sometimes people we are around a lot don't notice it as much as they ones we aren't around as much. Trust me they notice they just don't comment on it for some reason or another
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's strange how some people don't notice when you lose a lot....BUT....they's notice very quickly if you gained a few pounds!!