GPS Watch (Nike+ Sport Watch, Garmin, Motorola Motoactv)

Options
2»

Replies

• Barbellsandthimbles
    Options
    I have a Garmin 160 that I love for the HRM and for distance (needs foot pod) and a Garmin 610. The 610 has done some really wonky things with the screen (freezing, going blank) and it's a little much for what I use it for. Too many extras I don't utilize.

I had the motorola Motoactv and loved it, for the most part. I took it back though because the interval timer wasn't working. You have to set all of that up on a computer. You can't change it up on the device itself when you're going to do your run (unlike Garmin and probably Polar although I'm not positive about Polar). I was running/walking intervals and since I had to keep looking at the time instead of hearing a prompt it made the runs much more irritating.

Also, I like that my Garmin will buzz at me. Sometimes I don't want to hear a beep but still want to know when I've hit a mile marker. The buzz works great in those instances. The Motoactv doesn't have that ability. They just discounted the Motoactv too, which leads me to believe they may be releasing a new version. So, you may want to see if there is anything else coming down the pike.
  • macattack99
    Options
    How easy is it to get the Garmin data into Runkeeper? I do enjoy the updates that I get from the Android app, but now that I think about it, I could probably get the same info from just looking at a watch.

Super easy hook up the 305 via usb to a PC and "post new activity" and select import map.
  • macattack99
    Options
    How easy is it to get the Garmin data into Runkeeper? I do enjoy the updates that I get from the Android app, but now that I think about it, I could probably get the same info from just looking at a watch.

Why would you want to import Garmin data into Runkeeper? Garmin has its' own site that you can see more info about your sessions called Garmin Connect. It will shows HR, distance, pace for splits and now will even let you "play" your course and show you HR and pace as it varies along your session.

RunKeeper offers all the same features as Garmin except you can only import 1 "session" at a time on RunKeeper vs Garmin will let you import all of the sessions at once. I like RunKeeper because it will link with Fitocracy, Earndit and a few other sites (I'm an addict)

*Ok RunKeeper doesn't offer "All" the same features but most are the same.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Really like my Nike+. I love the fact that the usb connector is built into the band, no need for any additional device or cable to sync the data.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Does any use or have any thoughts on the Motorola MOTOACTV?