"fat kid" wants a new life w/o sweets

Options
I'm wanting a new life. Sweets have ruled my life for too long. I need to change my life so I can feel better about myself and help make my family healthier too! Hoping for some real progress. :smile: Good luck to all newbies

Replies

• escile6
    escile6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!
  • nicdilor
    Options
    Totally agree, good luck to you too :smile:
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi. Very hard to kick the sugar addiction but it can be done. I've done it 3 different times. I've finally learned that I if I totally go without sweets I will eventually crash and binge. One time it was after a whole year. So now if I want a bit of something sweet I have it. Not every day certainly. And if there is a family celebration I will have a bite or 2 of the dessert. My whole body feels and works better when I am not filling up with sweets. I try to keep that in mind.
    If you need reasons for stopping sugar read the book, "Sugar Blues". Good luck. ani
  • muriahlewis
    Options
    I'm trying to change my thinking from "I can't have sweets" to "I DO NOT EAT SWEETS" I think the latter is more empowering, what are your thoughts?
  • nicdilor
    Options
    That's the right kind of attitude, if you get used to thinking that it's your choice not to eat unhealthy, it is way better than when you think you are being forced to do something, way to go, great start....it worked for me too, so keep it up :happy:
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Psychologically the brain does not think in terms of negatives like I don't want to. You will get much better results by using affirmations such as "I love eating healthy". And if you keep saying the word sweets then all your brain is thinking about is sweets, hope that helps, sweet
  • muriahlewis
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I think that being proactive and saying "I love eating healthy" will improve my success chances. :wink: thanks abs
  • Absref71
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha I have just noticed the beginning of my name is abs!! It was actually just a username in uni, adam brittan's reference 71, looks like my sub conscious wants abs too!! So blonde :bigsmile:
  • muriahlewis
    Options
    sorry for calling you abs... i thought that was your username/nick name since the pic shows your stomach :blushing:
  • Absref71
    Options
    Ha ha dont be, im claiming that now!!