procrastinating by eating

Options
When i get home the FIRST thing i always do is head straight to the fridge. i usually have a lot of work to do but i procrastinate by eating..nonstop....im not even that hungry("that" being a key word because im ALWAYS hungry), but i snack on anything and everything.

does anyone else do this? how do i break this habit?

-Harper:)

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Totally do. I normally snack while cooking because I'm bored, but the worst part is snacking makes me not hungry but I still force myself to eat supper anyways.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I procrastinate on MFP, on FB, doing emails or generally anything else. If I am using the computer, both hands are on the keyboard and it's harder to snack.
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have done this in the past, particularly when I was completing some graduate work. I really don't do it now, because I log all my food. If I have a big old snack-o-rama when I get home from work, I won't have enough calories left to eat a satisfying supper.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Set a limit on the number of times you will eat each day. Make each time a formal style meal with a beginning and an end.
  • jgrandy2012
    jgrandy2012 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Water, lots and lots of water. I find by drinking the recomended 8 cups of water a day, I dont snack as much. I agree, when you're busy with school, work and family, its hard to balance everything.