What is in your snack drawer at work?

Options
I tend to keep snacks at my desk. This keeps me from roaming the downstairs cafeteria for chips or a cookie. My current stash consists of:

pistachios
almonds
cashews
rice cakes
peanut butter
Various forms of tea

Sometimes I also keep dry seaweed and usually have fruit or an avocado on hand. What do you keep on hand to keep you from passing out from hunger / seeking out junk food?

Replies

• SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I always have the mini 100 calorie microwave popcorn bags here. Maybe not the healthiest but I dump it out onto a paper plate and I get 3 heaping piles from each bag. So it seems like I am eating a lot, and it takes me a while to eat. That is by far my favorite snack at work! Otherwise I have string cheese and granola bars here at all times as well.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies and hummus, greek yogurt, nuts and 100 cal bags of popcorn.
  • Faith2Bfit
    Faith2Bfit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    not in my desk but in the fridge I keep baby carrots. I love them. i also keep grapes sometimes and hummus and sugar snap peas.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Triscuits and Organic peanut butter.
  • julie9200
    julie9200 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Current stash:
    Almonds
    Bag of apples
    Instant oatmeal
    Tea bags
    Peanut butter
    Canned fruits/veggies
    Dark Chocolate chips
    Slices of rye bread
    honey

In the office fridge, I have yogurt, salsa, grapes, tomato wedges, cheese slices
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I don't have a snack drawer at work. I work from home most of the time. My go-to snacks are either almond or soy nut butter, string cheese, dark chocolate, 100 cal chocolate pretzels, and protein shakes.
  • andreachirillo
    andreachirillo Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Herhey's Chocolate Kisses...don't judge.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Kind protein bars and peanuts!!! This week has been a struggle, I've been so very very hungry!!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It's currently empty, thank goodness. My not-worrying-about-weight and now preggo coworker usually keeps it stocked with chocolate. We do have some wheat thins and pistachios right now though.
  • Nell720
    Nell720 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 100% Whole Grain Wheat Thins and Peanuts. It's so different than the cookies and candy I used to keep.:laugh:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    100 cal pack almonds
    100 cal pack cookies
    Special K Pastry Crisps
    Bumble Bee tuna or chicken salad snacks w/ crackers
    maybe an apple
    lots and LOTS of different flavored teas - current fave is Stash Ginger Peach green tea and Zhena's Hazelnut Chai herbal :drinker:

ETA : Hershey's Special Dark nuggets w/ almonds...I'm addicted!!
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Almonds (100 cal pack)
    Kellog's Cracker Chips
    Popcorn (100 cal bag)
    Special K w/red berries
    Cheeze itz (100 cal pack)
    Crystal Light Packets
    Oatmeal
    Special K Pastry Crisps

I think that's it. It better be. That seems like sooo much.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    dry roasted edamame
    100 cal popcorn
    newton's fruit thins
    granola thins
    special k cracker chips
  • hthurman
    hthurman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I typically have grapes, apples, wheat crackers, natural peanut butter, light yogurt & mini babybel cheese. I love it because then I don't ever go to the vending machine!!! Oh and LOTS of bottles of water :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I do not have a snack drawer. :sad: Come to think of it, I do not have a drawer...
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have baby carrots, apples, grapes, string cheese, greek yogurt, reduced fat wheat thins, reduced guilt popcorn, 100 calorie protein shakes, low calorie wheat bread, and natural peanut butter. That's at least between my drawer and the fridge.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Green tea bags and mini Luna bars.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky (regular and teriyaki)
    Habanero BBQ almonds (not very hot, but very flavorful)
    Roasted almonds
    Cashews
    90 Cal FiberOne brownies
    100 cal whipped chocolate bars from south beach (good protein, fat, and fiber)
    Milka hazlenut chocolate (I can really keep it to 1-2 squares because it is so rich)
    Random cans of progresso/campbells soup. These are for lunch usully, but I have extras.

Oh and several teas and juice packets that add to a bottle of water. I love sugar free Hawaiian Punch lemonberry. Sugar free gum too
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Currently, I have crackers. but I keep Lifesaver mints at my desk. :) They satisy that food craving and keep me from running for other junk
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Herhey's Chocolate Kisses...don't judge.

I have a half of a bag of those as well since my IT guy gives me chocolates when we work on projects together lol. I rarely eat them but I have the bag in there. My limit is 2 at a time.