I LOVE food but I HATE exercise

Options
I love food. I really really do :love: But I hate to exercise. Its so hard to get up early before the kids in the morning so I can get on the treadmill. (Yes, I have 2 kids I get up every morning and a 2 yr. old that tags along behind me at 5:30am) My whole family walks in the evening together so we can enjoy the nice weather. We walk for 15 or 30 minutes a night. I just really really hate my body and it feels like the weight is taking forever to come off. I just need to lose 100 LBS. I wish there was a weight fairy, one that could make me skinny quick. I eat the same things over and over again. I need something new to eat. Suggestions???? Im also a SAHM so that makes it even harder to lose the weight. I just need some motivation. PLEASE HELP :smile:

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I finally ditched my treadmill - hated it. Being from the midwest ... there's only so much time when I can walk outdoors. My solution: Walk at Home DVDs by Leslie Sansone. I think they break up the monotony a bit

Here's a youtube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjduJjO1pLg&feature=related
    OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqWhX-RB1s0&feature=related

Anyway - these are simple ... you can mute the TV if needed and use an MP3 player with your own music (so quiet - you won't wake the whole house up). DVDs are at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

I eat a lot of the same things over & over too.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! Food is my best friend. Obviously haha. Exersise on the hand, is awful and I hate it. I don;t go through what you do with the kids and all, but I started similarly by taking my dog (who is my baby after all) on walks outside just to get me going with it, and to be doing something other than sitting around.
    As for eating...I'm not very good in the kitchen. I eat a lot of chicken lately haha. I have a problem with "diets" and dislike the restrictions that puts on me so I've just been focusing on making better choices and smaller portions. This way, if I want to eat something not so good, it's not so detrimental to me.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am also a SAHM that started last year with 100+ pounds to lose. I didn't join MFP until April this year but since last year I have lost 72 pounds. I still have at least 35 or so to go until I evaluate. You can do this!! I also have kiddos underfoot. (3 toddlers and a teen) My teen is 15, my twins are 3 and my baby just turned 2. I promise it is doable!!

I also do the Leslie Sansone DVD at home. I was a self professed exercise hater but you know....the walk at home DVD's were deceptive. I thought, I can walk at least! What I realized is that you are really doing more of a walk because it is at such a higher pace than simple walking. I started with 1 DVD, when it became less of a challenge I added hand weights. When the kids were underfoot, I encouraged them to 'march' with mommy. I didn't want my kids hidden away from my exercising....I wanted them to grow up watching me have a healthy lifestyle. When the kiddos ask why mommy is exercising, I am very careful not to say 'to lose weight' but rather I tell them 'so mommy can be healthy'. Recently however, I have purchased a step and the step aerobics dvd by Debra Mazda ~ Shapely Girls. This is my new FAVORITE!! However, it is not really safe to do while the kiddos are underfoot so I get up at 5am to fix hubby's lunch and get him out the door and then workout. If the kids wake up before I am finished then they can sit on the couch and play quietly. I do not have the luxury of going to a gym, so everything I do in the form of exercise must be at home. For strength training/ toning I alternate between the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and my FitDeck cards.

As for food.....I REFUSE.....REFUSE....to sacrifice taste and eat 'diet' food. Currently my new favorite recipe is http://weelicious.com/2010/06/15/baked-zucchini-coins/ . My kids love it. I serve it with homemade marinara and it tastes like mozzarella sticks to me. Even my 'meat and potatoes' hubby likes them. My recommendation to you is to take recipes that you currently make and your family likes and make 1 substitution to make it healthier. For instance, the first change I made was in any recipe that I made with mayo I would use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 Fat Free Greek Yogurt. Now, I actually like it better this way. It is all about baby steps. The old way that I used to eat salad was covered in cheese, bacon, creamy dressing, etc. Now, it is with 5 different types of vegies and light italian dressing. I found that I still enjoy my salad, this is just a healthier one. I am always trying new recipes, some pass , some fail. I also continue to eat out at the restaurants that I enjoy I just alter my portion sizes and share my meal.

What it really comes down to is this.....You gotta want that healthier lifestyle and the weightloss that comes with it more than you want the unlimited junk food. It took me 35 years to get this all figured out and I can clearly tell you that it wasn't until I made my goal lowering my cholesterol to avoid medication instead of my goal being to lose weight that it finally worked and I finally got it! The interesting side effect to focusing on lowering my cholesterol was .....weight loss....go figure right??

You can do this.....just don't give in to the negative self talk and talk about successes in the present. You ARE winning this battle! You ARE leading a healthy lifestyle!!

YOU GOT THIS!!!

~Sandi
  • tessaharvey
    Options
    Thank you guys. I got this, I know I can do it. I will for sure go buy a Leslie Sansone DVD. Thanks for the motivation and support/ Yall are awesome. Portion Control is my big thing. Im going to start really measuring and watching what I eat. Im also going to try to fill my plate with more lean meats and fresh fruits and fresh veggies. Mac & Cheese is my favorite but that will start to be a once in a while thing. Thanks again guys. Feel free to friend request me. I love all the support.
  • brandypinky22
    brandypinky22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way. I 2 cents is to try as many different kinds and exercises that you can. Do a day or couple day trial of each kind until you find something you don't hate...and maybe even enjoy.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I got this, I know I can do it. I will for sure go buy a Leslie Sansone DVD. Thanks for the motivation and support/ Yall are awesome. Portion Control is my big thing. Im going to start really measuring and watching what I eat. Im also going to try to fill my plate with more lean meats and fresh fruits and fresh veggies. Mac & Cheese is my favorite but that will start to be a once in a while thing. Thanks again guys. Feel free to friend request me. I love all the support.

I went and bought me a very pretty plate that was not a dinner plate but smaller. My 'special' plate. Dinner is when I have portion control issues the most and that is when I use my plate. It is smaller so I can't just load stuff on it and what I have measured looks deceptively overflowing on my pretty plate.... You might consider a smaller dish so as to appear that there is more offered.