Feedback on Eat To Live

Options
I heard about Eat To Live on MFP and want to find out what others think. I bought the book and have read about 25% of it and it seems to make perfect sense. However, I have not got to the part that talks about exactly what foods are available.

I am curious as to what some of the "veterans" of ETL think of the diet and how it makes them feel. Furthermore, how sustainable the plan is longterm?

Thanks for any input.......

jp

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much what I am doing .I have been doing it since March 11th. I have never felt better in my entire life. I have a TON of energy, and I have lost 86 pounds. As far as sustainability, I think that as far as your health goes that doing it long term is the best thing that you can do for yourself. For me, it will work I think because I LOVE the food I am eating now. But I guess the long term success would depend on your ability to adapt to eating plant based food, and if you actually like that stuff! I actually crave broccoli and brussel sprouts now. Crazy stuf!
  • jpfister1966
    Options
    Congrats on your fantastic success!! I like fruits and veggies a lot, just curious.
  • jpfister1966
    Options
    Anyone else have anything to add........
  • itskimmers
    itskimmers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Both of my parents (in their 70s) have been doing Eat to Live for about 3 months now. My Dad has lost 50 lbs and no longer needs hypertension medication. My mom went from a size 6 to a 4.

I'm visiting them for the week, and am eating the way they do, and it is REALLY tasty food.
    I did what I consider a similar diet--macrobiotics--for about 2 years awhile back, and it improved my cholesterol, weight and general frame of mind. I felt much more energetic and sharp.

Good luck.
  • terwhitcomb
    terwhitcomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started ETL - this is my second day on the six week plan. I feel awful! Curious if anyone else has experienced this? I have a headache, fatigued, achy - feel like I have the flu. There is a section in the book that talks about these withdrawal symptoms but I never imagined they would be this bad! I even had a dream that I ate part of a pork chop before I remembered that i was trying to cut out meat - lol!
    I am trying this due to having a lot of ongoing allergy/health problems for some time and am hoping this cleaner way of eating will make it better over the long run...hopefully I can outlast the detox.
    If anyone else out there has had these symptoms and has anyways of muddling through I'd appreciate the advice!
  • clowiewright
    Options
    I am going through the same withdrawals... I feel horrible.. I am trying to stick it out the headache is killing me... that is so funny you had a dream about a pork chop!!!!
  • itskimmers
    itskimmers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of ETL (visiting my parents for the week), and day 2 I felt like crap. I think a lot of it was the caffeine withdrawals.
    I just ate my food, didn't make any attempt to work out, and went to bed early. It goes away.
  • kayak4ever
    Options
    The detox is brutal but worth it. Make sure you are drinking enough water. In a week or so you will feel fantastic! I have only been following the plan since the beginning of August with a 2+ week break while on vacation (it was next to impossible to do ETL where I was staying) and have lost 9 lbs, have a clearer mind, more energy and feel great! :smile: