Just thought i'd share my story :)

Options
Well I have been on MFP for about 2 weeks now and already find it a great help!

I actually started my transformation back in April 2009, when I saw a really bad photo of me at a party! (The top left photo below!)

I had gotten up to 370lbs (371 actually! ;)) and felt terrible in myself, I was in XXXL clothes and even then I struggled to get them to fit me. I was in 48" jeans and they weren't comfy either!

Once the past 8 months I have gotten down to 264lbs and 38" jeans after a lot of hard work in the gym and a far, far stricter diet (less beer and takeaways for starters!)

My ultimate goal is to lose most of my remaining fat and start to develop more muscle - I have this week started strength training. I want to get down to 224lbs eventually, though I do have a large frame so it might not happen!

Anyway, these are my pics (the middle ones I took because I wanted to see the difference ha)...I posted this in another thread as well heh, well I am proud!!

davebeforeafter.jpg

Hopefully i'll be able to update this thread in a few months with even more weight lost!

See you around MFP!

Replies

• tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look great!!!!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!! :smile:
  • sleitner
    sleitner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A true inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story. Keep us posted.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep it up!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    awesome job! way to go!
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing, you should be very proud of course, wow.
  • BigdaddyJ
    Options
    Good job!!

My goal is also 225!, it's feseable, at 6'1 that's the weight I was at when I finished basic training in the military, boy was I in shape then!!

Good luck with the strenght training!
  • mhagoaliemom
    Options
    Great job! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing it .
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) I do need to take some more pics actually because i've lost about 20 lbs more since those were taken. It's funny how before I used to hate whenever a camera was pointed at me, now i kinda like it ;)
  • chubbyhousewife
    Options
    Wow well done.

You can see the difference in the photos and is a good way to keep yourself motivated.

It was an embarrasing christmas photo that finally spurred me on to lose weight and after 3 weeks of using the site, so far so good!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Well done! Amazing work
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • monicadroc
    Options
    Thats AWESOME!!! !Way to go !! Keep up the great work !
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You are doing a GREAT job and have REALLY turned your life around. I am SO proud of you and happy for you. Stay focused and keep those "after" pictures coming!! You're getting your life back!!

Susan
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • will4change
    Options
    You should be very proud of it. Great job!!!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Very well done! Keep it up!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS you look awesome .... way to go :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!