Ground Turkey

Options
24kmparks
24kmparks Posts: 35 Member
So I have a package of ground turkey that I am thawing right now, and I'm not sure what to do with it! I'm "Turkey Taco/Taco Salad'ed" (is that a word? It is now!) OUT! What do you guys do with your ground turkey?

Replies

• kantoka
    kantoka Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OOOhhh yummy! I do low carb Ground turkey pizza.... instead of hamburger. I use Ground turkey for everything, even in my Spaghetti sauces. I do Ground Turkey burgers too! Just mix the ground turkey with chopped bell pepper and onion, and salt and pepper, and One egg to bind it. I make the patties and them saute them over medium/high heat with a little EVOO in the pan. Serve on low carb bun, or whatever you like. I use mustard or squeeze Lime juice on them when they are done! Avocado too. It's my favorite topping.

=)
  • Whart0603
    Whart0603 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We enjoy ground turkey: meat loaf, chili, stuffed bell peppers, and hamburgers. Haven't tried it on pizza, will have to do that.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Any dish that you can think of that has hamburg in it... I use ground turkey in! It's so yummy! Pasta dishes, stuffed peppers, cabbage rolls, meatloaf, tacos, casseroles, chili, turkey burgers, soups, stews. I love it!
  • NewMeAT33
    Options
    I toss it in with some pasta and marinara sauce, some ricotta cheese and shredded mozz for a quick Italian meal. Hits the spot for me.
  • rnhoppe
    rnhoppe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh....meatloaf! I grate a whole zucchini and put it in there too. Keeps it really moist.
  • Cntrygrl07
    Cntrygrl07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Personally I use ground chicken but either way, just us it like you would ground beef. Use it in spaghetti, in bakes, on pizza, as a hamburger, meatloaf. The possibilities are endless.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    turkey burders
    turkey meat loaf
    turkey spaghetti
    turkey goulosh
    anything that you normaly make with ground beef, just using turkey
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    Options
    turkey burgers
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Pepper Soup (Cooking Light) .... yum

1/2 pound ground round (turkey)
    2 cups chopped green bell pepper (red & green combo)
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked white rice

Heat a small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped green bell pepper and onion; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, less-sodium beef broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes.
    Spoon 1/4 cup hot cooked white rice into each of 6 bowls; top with 1 cup soup.

*Variations: for tomato soup I use Amy's or Progresso - Campbell's too sweet (IMO). I also like to add some basil. You can use brown rice.
  • 24kmparks
    24kmparks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wish this site was like Facebook where I could "Like" all comments. Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I have ingredients at home for ALL (yes all) items listed! I'll have to venture out of the box and def. try this in a spaghetti sauce.

Have a wonderful night, everyone! Wish me luck!