Motivated Mommies Wanted!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How do you guys handle rest days? I always plan on taking Saturday off but then something comes up and I decide I better work out so I can go out to dinner. My base calories are 1200. I have tried taking Mondays off but then I try and eat the entire kitchen. I think if I don't stay on a strict schedule I overeat. Today I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and did Jillian Michaels Banish fat boost Metabolism. I do ChaLean Extreme 5 days a week and add cardio on strength days. Is this the wrong approach? Should I just take a day off and really only eat 1200 calories? This seems to work for me but I wonder if my body needs a break?
  • hunnie28k
    Options
    On my rest days, I usually make sure that whatever I do, I don't eat late in the evening. I also make sure I don't go over my 1200 calories also. I always keep this in mind, "The more I exercise, the more I can eat. - The less I exercise, the less I can eat." I hope this helps.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    On your rest day then make it an active rest day where you are not looking to workout higher than 60-70% of your heart rate. Walking, playing with your kids or dogs, swimming, light dancing....if you are doing Xtreme then you need at least 1 day of rest..this is when those changes occur and muscles repair themselves which creates that lean look.

If eating is an issue due to caloric intake then do an activity for 30 mins to earn those 400 cals so that the kitchen stays safe:bigsmile:

I actually went through this yesterday but I wanted to zig-zag my calories and I was grouchy and hungry all day. I decided from now on that I will do something light on Sundays so that I can earn at least 300 extra calories to bring me up b/c it was painful.

Michelle
  • mmkovacich
    Options
    Yeah I agree. I have to do something to earn a few extra calories or it will get ugly. Im doing well but sometimes my head tells me lies!! Hahaha. I am doing ChaLean 5 days a week I am on week 3. I just add some cardio.
    Thanks
    Melissa
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Melissa,

I loved those intervals but BIO or Fat challenge for 30 minutes will give you those extra calories.

Michelle
  • mmkovacich
    Options
    Michelle
    What is bio or fat challenge?
    Melissa