deleting food in database

Options
Forgive me for posting in this forum.....tried posting in tech support....never got an answer. Did a search......plenty of people ask the question.....no answers.

Is it possible to delete food from the database? I have foods listed I will never eat again that I'd like to remove. Just makes it tedious to go thru a huge list.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Is this your personal list that is tabbed Most Recent, etc?? If so, there is a green box at the bottom that you can delete foods that are checked off. Hope this helps.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Is this your personal list that is tabbed Most Recent, etc?? If so, there is a green box at the bottom that you can delete foods that are checked off. Hope this helps.

To make this more clear - When you are adding foods to your diary for the day - after you click 'add foods' it takes you to your most recently used foods. That is where you can delete foods you don't eat very often if you wish.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If you're not talking about the list Ducky mentioned, and in fact mean the whole entire list that comes up when you search for a food, you can't delete items from that list. That list is the database for the whole website - you may not eat the foods often, but others might.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

To make this more clear - When you are adding foods to your diary for the day - after you click 'add foods' it takes you to your most recently used foods. That is where you can delete foods you don't eat very often if you wish.

Thanks. The delete button is only there for "most used". Those i want to keep. When I click the tab for "recent" and "my foods" there isn't a delete button. Hmmmmmmm
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    If you're not talking about the list Ducky mentioned, and in fact mean the whole entire list that comes up when you search for a food, you can't delete items from that list. That list is the database for the whole website - you may not eat the foods often, but others might.

Yes, I am talking about MY list of foods. I didn't use the right words...sorry. Thanks for your help.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Click the food tab, click "My Foods" click on the food you want to delete and press the delete button.

You can't delete your recent foods, not that I know of. It really is a recent food list, if you never plan on eating them again they should go away in no time!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing nat. I don't think there is a way.

There is no delete button only a edit button ali.
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing nat. I don't think there is a way.

There is no delete button only a edit button ali.

I have an orange delete button next to the edit button on all mine. Perhaps the difference is I never made mine public. Maybe once they're public they're permanent?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Oh ok! I always do make mine public. Thanks for that aliaaah.
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    Here's the reply I got from the Tech Support post:

Hi,

At this current time, we do not offer tools to clear your lists. This is a very popular request that we are looking into. Thanks for your patience!

Joshua
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • natalieg0307
    Options
    I did find the orange delete button. It does allow me to delete "my foods". I guess those are the only foods we are able to delete. There are foods (mostly duplicates) that are on my (big) list of foods that was made from the main database. I'd like to delete THOSE from my list. I guess that's not possible.