Overdid It This Weekend - But Not Like I Usually Do

Options
This weekend was my first weekend away from home after starting the new MFP lifestyle. I was worried because not only would I be away from my beloved/hated scales (I know, weighing daily isn't usually a good idea, but I've grown used to it), but I would also be eating in non-chain restaurants with no nutrition information and no telling what was actually in the food. Our hotel also didn't have any fitness facilities aside from a toddler-laden pool.

I tried to choose wisely from the various menus, estimating as best I could what a particular dish might consist of. I was able to use MFP from my phone, so that helped. I definitely erred on the conservative side because I did not want to get back home and discover that I'd put on weight. I even worked in a little pool time late in the evening.

I got home and discovered that I had somehow lost almost three pounds. I am as happy as a clam and just wanted to share that. Thank you MyFitnessPal!!!

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good job!!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Oh, I know what you mean! It's difficult when there's no telling what's in your food. Sounds like you made some great choices, where active in other ways and in the end it all payed off! :smile:
  • raisinkahne
    Options
    That's so great! Hopefully we can all make good choices, when out, like you did!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!! :o) I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling myself soon - and I'm apprehensive about the 'eating out' factor. There's so much hidden crap that restaurants put in food, so I hope to do as well as you! Congrats again!
  • kbarker65
    kbarker65 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It was especially nice because one of the situations involved a buffet. I thought I might be doing well when I noticed that I was eating less (and more healthily) than anyone at our table even though I still had a full salad plate and a fair looking dinner plate. No dessert though. I didn't think I could handle that.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I find going away for weekends, and especially on a vacation, I can't control myself, it is SO hard! Great job.

Also, don't worry about weighing yourself everyday. Some people frown upon it but I've actually read that those who weigh themselves are more likely to stick to their diets and show better improvement on the scale! I don't, because I'm too flippy floppy through out the week ahah. You obviously did okay without it though, aha.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    so jealous two weekends ago my husband went away for the weekend no kids and i came back gaining two lbs so i had to work even harder to lose it again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!