WHAT??

Options
Ok, So I have started exercising. Counting calories.. I LOVE EXERCISING! I am doing a great mix of weights and cardio.. I chucked my scale away because I didn't want to get frustrated. I took my starting measurements and KNOW that I have lost inches... HOWEVER, my clothes are fitting TIGHTER? WTH is that? I feel like some of it is because my "muffin top" is disappearing so my pants are getting pulled up higher? Still does this seem right to you all?

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It might have to do also with gaining muscle. As we gain muscle our body "shifts" things into place and our clothes do feel different because of it. Keep up with your excerise and i hope you meet your goals. :smile:
  • noeasyweigh
    noeasyweigh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know women aren't supposed to bulk, but I swear I always do in my thighs!
  • YogaLarva
    Options
    Could also be that you are retaining water - I know I've heard that when people start exercise, their muscles will basically "bloat" and such. How long has it been since you started exercising?
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I understand the hatred of the scale, you may want to find one every two weeks to a month then just to confirm that the portion sizes you believe you are consuming are actually what you are eating... Keep up the measurements and if those are seeming better then trust them... Perhaps you have some hidden calories still creeping into the foods you eat without you being aware of them... Good luck...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Could also be that you are retaining water - I know I've heard that when people start exercise, their muscles will basically "bloat" and such. How long has it been since you started exercising?

^^^This is probably the correct answer
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I have to ask if you took your measurements properly when you started. Because if you have truly lost inches your clothes would not be fitting tighter.

Is it possible that you pulled the tape measure tighter than when you did your first measurements, or maybe you were extra bloated on the first, or even measured in different spots than before? I ask because it's just not physiologically possible for you to actually be smaller but have your clothes be tighter, unless you shrunk all of your clothes in the wash.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    It happens. I actually had to go up a jean size because I had a very flat butt. Now I have a Kim K butt from the exercise (hills - do the buttocks good)!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    im kinda hoping i will gain butt from this lol